From Team Fortress Wiki
Stop the madness and give a little charity to TF2's hard-working, selfless community map makers, using our new Map Donation feature in the Mann Co. Store!
— The TF2 Team
Map Stamps are a donation mechanic added to the Mann Co. Store during the Australian Christmas update. Each Map Stamp corresponds to a community-made map which can be purchased from the store; all proceeds (minus applicable tax) from the sale of Map Stamps go directly to the creator(s) of the community map the Map Stamp was purchased for.
Upon purchase of a Map Stamp, players receive the World Traveler's Hat – which shows a special particle effect when the user is playing on a map linked to the Map Stamp that was bought at the store. All Map Stamps - even for different maps - are tracked by the same hat. Upon loading a community map, the player may see a list of top donors for that particular map.
Available Map Stamps
December 17, 2010 Patch (Australian Christmas)
- Added map stamps to the game and Mann Co. Store
January 3, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the alpha channel for CP_Yukon's donation stamp.
February 24, 2011 Patch (Community Map Pack Update)
July 22, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the Map Stamps Collection bundle missing in the store
- It would take $99 to max out 1 Map Stamp's level. To reach the max level for all official maps, it would take $980.
- All the Map Stamps, including the Map Stamps Collection, are level 50.