Oktoberfest is one of the Medic's Special taunts. Upon taunting with the Kritzkrieg equipped, the Medic takes a brief whiff out of the barrel of his weapon before returning to aid his teammates.
Performing the taunt will heal the Medic for 11 health, discounting passive regeneration. This does not contribute to the ÜberCharge meter but will count towards the total healing displayed on the scoreboard. It is possible to heal an ally while performing this taunt if the player has selected the 'Medi Gun heal after release' in multiplayer options. The taunt proves invaluable when the player is taking passive damage such as fire or bleeding, or when natural health regeneration is too slow.
This Special taunt can be used during humiliation and stalemates.
Healing and function times
|Healing and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
May 21, 2009 Patch (Sniper vs. Spy Update)
- Added a new taunt for the Kritzkrieg, which also heals for 10 points.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- [Undocumented] Added a community contributed voice response.
- The patch notes and in-game tips incorrectly state that the taunt heals +10 health, where community testing has determined that it actually heals +11 health.
- This taunt was originally intended for the Medi Gun, but was later used for the Kritzkrieg instead.
- The term Oktoberfest refers to a yearly German folk festival that originated in 1810.
- Before the Medicating Melody taunt was added into the game in the Australian Christmas update, this was the only taunt with a healing effect.
- ↑ Unused Medi Gun taunt