From Team Fortress Wiki
The weapon fires an unreflectable projectile beam that is capable of piercing through multiple targets in a straight line but at the cost of dealing heavily reduced damage to buildings. The beam deals damage to any enemies that are touching it every 45 milliseconds and can hit the same target repeatedly. In addition, the beam can be used to ignite Huntsman arrows held by a friendly Sniper. Critical hits fired by the Righteous Bison will suffer damage falloff over distance.
Like the Cow Mangler 5000, the Righteous Bison features a "Bison" bar in the HUD which serves as an indication of its ammunition clip. After the bar is depleted, it can be recharged through a reloading process in which a piston in the back of the weapon is pumped. It does not incorporate the traditional ammo reserve used by other weapons.
Enemies killed by the Bison suffer a distinctive death by vaporization: they turn black, hover in mid-air while performing a specific disintegration animation surrounded by team-colored particles, and then disappear into ashes.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Reload (first)||0.92 s|
|Reload (consecutive)||0.4 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
|Dr. Grordbort's Victory Pack|
|Reclaimed Metal||Battalion's Backup||Righteous Bison|
|Class Token - Soldier||Slot Token - Secondary||Scrap Metal|
As a crafting ingredient
|Reclaimed Metal||Righteous Bison||Sydney Sleeper||Machina|
|Reclaimed Metal||Righteous Bison||Short Circuit||Pomson 6000|
- This weapon's projectile can pass through doors and deal damage.
- This weapon will not set off pumpkin bombs.
- Rarely, after a moment of not firing, the Soldier will automatically reload the weapon's clip, regardless of the player's auto-reload setting.
- In the client view, while crouching, the projectile will appear to fire much higher than the weapon model.
- When switching to the Righteous Bison, the ammo portion of the HUD will briefly display 100/32 before disappearing.
- When minimizing the game with this weapon equipped, the ammo portion of the HUD may disappear. Looking at the scoreboard may fix this.
- The appearance of this weapon is based on that of 'The Righteous Bison - Indivisible Particle Smasher', which can be purchased from the online store at Weta Workshop.
- ↑ News Reel - drgrordborts.com
- ↑ Team Fortress 2 Schema diff (commit
85d48e33…) on OPTF2 Wiki Schema Tracker, 21:35:04 UTC, July 19, 2011. Accessed July 19, 2011.