From Team Fortress Wiki
|“You prancin' show ponies!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more videos.
Please add a suitable video, then remove this notice. The specific instructions are: "Technical Demonstration showing how the tool works."
Strange Parts are exclusive tools that are only obtainable via crates. Strange Parts can only be used on Strange weapons. They allow players to track additional statistics such as number of headshot kills or buildings destroyed.
Up to three Strange Parts can be applied onto one Strange weapon. Certain Strange Parts cannot be used on certain weapons; for example, the Headshot tool cannot be used on a Strange Wrench. When applied, it will not count any previous stats. Strange Parts can be removed from a weapon using the Restore button in the backpack; however, a part which has been removed will not be restored, and will permanently disappear.
Certain parts require certain weapons, below is a list of the restrictions:
|List of Strange Parts|
|Tag Required||Strange Part|
|Can Deal Damage||41 55||41||44||44||45||45|
|Can Deal Gib Damage||41|
| Can Deal Damage|
|Can Reflect Projectiles||42|
| Can Deal|
| Can Deal|
| Can be Equipped|
by Soldier or Demoman
|Can Destroy Sappers||47|
| Can Deal|
|Notes||Numbers indicate the series of Mann Co. Supply Crate that each item can be obtained from.|
- Any parts applied to Engineer wrenches will only count actions with the Wrench and not with any built Sentry Guns.
- Destroyed Sappers do not count towards the Buildings Destroyed counter.
- Servers using an altered
tf_playergibsetting will not change the way the Gib Kills counter is counted, only kills that would normally gib will still be counted.
- Grenades, Stickybombs, Jarate, Mad Milk, Balls, and Sentry Gun rockets do not increase the Projectiles Reflected counter when reflected.
- Items that have been used with a Strange Part do not show the Strange Part in the trading interface to either trader.
- The "Buildings Destroyed" Strange part is usable on weapons that deal no damage to buildings.
- Strange Parts were added to the game.
March 23, 2012 [Item schema update]
- Added the ability to remove Strange parts via the Restore button in the backpack.
- [Undocumented] Added the Posthumous Kills and Allies Extinguished Strange Parts.
- [Undocumented] Added an Full Moon Kills part.
- [Undocumented] Added 6 new parts Demomen Killed, Soldiers Killed, Domination Kills, Revenge Kills, Critical Kills and Kills While Explosive Jumping.
- The counters used in the backpack icons are similar to the counter the Engineer is using during Meet the Engineer.
- Many images on the counter screens are from in-game achievements.