From Team Fortress Wiki
Strange Parts are exclusive tools that are only obtainable via crates, with the exception of the Full Moon Kills part which can be found as a random drop. Strange Parts can only be used on Strange weapons. They allow players to track additional statistics such as number of headshot kills or buildings destroyed.
Up to three Strange Parts can be applied onto one Strange weapon. Certain Strange Parts cannot be used on certain weapons; for example, the Headshot tool cannot be used on a Strange Wrench. When applied, it will not count any previous stats. Strange Parts can be removed from a weapon using the Restore button in the backpack; however, a part which has been removed will not be returned to the player, and instead will be permanently lost.
Certain parts require certain weapons, below is a list of the restrictions:
|List of Strange Parts|
|Tag Required||Strange Part|
|Can Deal Damage||41 55||41||44||44||45||45|
|Can Deal Gib Damage||41|
| Can Deal Damage|
|Can Reflect Projectiles||42|
| Can Deal|
| Can Deal|
| Can be Equipped|
by Soldier or Demoman
|Can Destroy Sappers||47|
| Can Deal|
|Notes||Numbers indicate the series of Mann Co. Supply Crate that each item can be obtained from.|
- Any parts applied to Engineer wrenches will only count actions with the Wrench and not with any built Sentry Guns.
- Destroyed Sappers do not count towards the Buildings Destroyed counter.
- Servers using an altered
tf_playergibsetting will not change the way the Gib Kills counter is counted, only kills that would normally gib will still be counted.
- The "Critical Kills" Strange part does not count reflected kills when reflecting crit projectiles with the Flamethrower.
- The "Critical Kills" Strange part can be applied to the Big Earner, which is unusual as no other knives can use this part.
- Strange Parts were added to the game.
March 23, 2012 [Item schema update]
- Added the ability to remove Strange parts via the Restore button in the backpack.
- [Undocumented] Added the Posthumous Kills and Allies Extinguished Strange Parts.
- [Undocumented] Added a Full Moon Kills part.
- [Undocumented] Added the Demomen Killed, Soldiers Killed, Domination Kills, Revenge Kills, Critical Kills and Kills While Explosive Jumping Strange Parts.
- [Undocumented] Strange Part counters watched in-game now appear in a dim-gray color.
- Fixed Strange Part: Projectiles Reflected not tracking grenade and sentry rocket deflections
- [Undocumented] Added Strange Part: Full Moon Kills to the drop system.
- Strange Part: Posthumous Kills can now apply to the Rainblower.
- Stickybombs, Jarate, Mad Milk, and Balls do not increase the Projectiles Reflected counter when reflected.
- The "Buildings Destroyed" Strange part is usable on weapons that deal no damage to buildings.
- The "Allies Extinguished" Strange part cannot be applied to the Crusader's Crossbow or any type of Medi Guns, despite them being able to extinguish allies.
- The counters used in the backpack icons are similar to the counter the Engineer is using during Meet the Engineer.