From Team Fortress Wiki
Trivia or Bug?
Is the Ullapool Caber supposed to have a taunt? And if not, should that be added to the trivia or the bug section? Hojung1996 22:18, 6 July 2011 (PDT)
"When equipped with the Sticky Jumper, the explosion will not harm the user." Would this really be considered a bug along with all the other bugs involving explosion damage not being taken? I think 100 health + no self explosion damage seems pretty justified. Mr.JimmyBojangles 22:59, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
- This should not be a bug. I have seen this setup in many cases and found that it's actually an alternative play style to the demo that is distinctly different from a demo knight/melee play style. It's a more specialized setup that enables the player to focus more on building destructions as well.Roninsmastermix 18:29, 17 February 2011 (UTC)
I'd like to note that the Caber not exploding when striking an ally during friendly fire probably shouldn't be considered a bug, given the mechanics of Friendly Fire. InShane 03:56, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Can someone write note, that Chargin' Targe is working with this weapon. It can instant kill heavy when full distance charge is done. It's a very useful note. Krathel 07:57, 20 December 2010
- It should also be noted that the Chargin' Targe does not reduce the self inflicted damage of the caber, despite it being explosive damage.Freq. 11:18, 28 December 2010 (UTC)
Caber with Tartan Spartan
I'm not sure the explosion damage actually counts for Tartan Spartan, I went on a bit of a spree with it earlier, and every time I respawned I was only awarded with the damage caused with my pipes towards the achievement... TheChrisD Rants•Edits 23:57, 2 January 2011 (UTC)
- it wouldn't be practical but possible for the caber to get tartan spartan due to the fact explosive damge is caused but it can only do this once per life making it quite pointless as to mentioning it - Lexar - talk 00:04, 3 January 2011 (UTC)
- Aye, the Caber counts towards Tartan Spartan from my own personal experience, going on a spree and killing some bots with the Caber's explosive damage using tf_bot_add. However, as Lexar said, it's not really practical to do that, but still good for amusement :) Magic Magician 07:01, 20 January 2011 (UTC)
Range of Detonation?
Nothing is mentioned about the range of the detonation. Is it like the Soldiers Kamikaze taunt or which range has this grenade? NWM 19:27, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
I think the images should be improved to give a better view what a detonated head looks like. The current ones are quite poor at that :P - J.P. 11:43, 11 March 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know, right? All the images look exactly the same. Hojung1996 20:53, 3 August 2011 (PDT)
April 14, 2010 Patch Change Reverted
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1838760 SnowCanary 01:48, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- More like April 15, 2011 Patch. Anyway, we should poot the stuff back. User:Ohyeahcrucz/Sig2 01:50, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Weapon price on Wiki page is $4.99 instead of ingame store $2.49. RusTORK 09:35, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
October 13, 2011 patch, added a taunt for the caber
this patch added the scraped "offer bottle bash" taunt that was for the bottle, to the caber. sadly, it isn't a taunt kill, i tested it. he has two responses:
"Oh... Im going ta LIQUIFY yah!"
"Im goin to blast ya inta THIN GLUE"
Thats all i got, maybe they will make it into a taunt kill, like the kamikaze taunt, except you have to land a hit to explode or something Firehazard42, The confused Pyro 17:55, 13 October 2011 (PDT)