From Team Fortress Wiki
| Trailer 1
| Video Info
|| July 19th, 2006
| Run time:
Hey You! Yeah you — Action fan! Buckle up and hunker down as Valve launches an A-tomic jet fueled knuckle sandwich right into the doughy bread baskets of the world's battle game blowhards!
Those other feeble fight games (and the old maids that play'em and the momma's boys that make'em!) better head for the fainting couch, because this one's the gut-grabbinest, gut-rippenest,
strangle-you-with-your-own-grabbed-gutsiest battle thriller ever seared onto your monitor — with pixels that are 5% human blood!
First revealed on July 19, 2006 at the EA Summer Showcase event, Trailer 1 showcases the player classes of Team Fortress 2. The video, as it shows an early rendition of the game, contains several differences from the final product.
- The general design of all of the classes is somewhat different. This is most apparent in classes such as the Engineer and the Soldier.
- The Spy has a pocket on the left side of his suit and two armbands which are not present currently.
- The Medic is shown wearing a stethoscope which was later removed, although it can be seen in his cubby in the spawn rooms. The stethoscope has since been added into the game as of the Manniversary Update & Sale update.
- The Soldier does not scream before beating his helmet with the Shovel as he does during his finalized taunt.
- The Sniper has a sign behind him that reads 'Warning: Unsafe Structure'.
- The muzzle flashes are opaque and hard-edged.
- There is a skull insignia behind the Pyro that has not reappeared anywhere in the final game. This was the RED logo in Team Fortress Classic