- For Wikichievements (Wiki achievements), see Team Fortress Wiki:Wikichievements.
This is a complete listing of all achievements available in Team Fortress 2. There are currently 506 total achievements (477, excluding Milestones). For all statistics related to achievements, see TF2 statistics on Steam.
Achievements are sets of in-game challenges and goals that allow players to be rewarded for special actions while playing. There are currently a set of general achievements, a set of achievements for each class, sets for all five Halloween events, a single Christmas achievement, one set each for the specific maps Doomsday, Foundry, Process, Standin, and Snakewater, a set for the Mann vs. Machine game mode, and a set related to the Replay feature (TF2 In-Game Moviemaker).
When a player obtains an achievement, a trophy image briefly appears over their head. An applause sound will play as the accomplishment is announced to all players in the server through the TF2 chat, except a Cloaked or Disguised Spy. When a player obtains a certain amount of achievements in a Class set, they additionally unlock a Milestone achievement that rewards them with an untradable achievement weapon.
All achievements can be completed at any time in the game. The exceptions to this rule are a few from the Halloween sets which could only be obtained during the Haunted Hallowe'en Special in 2009, Scream Fortress in 2010, Very Scary Halloween Special in 2011, Spectral Halloween Special in 2012, and Scream Fortress 2013. Some of these normally unobtainable achievements can be earned on servers where the Halloween mode is enabled.
Class specific achievements
There are 33 General achievements. For tips and strategies on how to complete these achievements, refer to the Obtaining achievements page.
Class-specific General achievements do not count towards achievement milestones for that class (e.g. earning the Grey Matter achievement by obtaining 25 headshots as a Sniper will not count towards any of the Sniper milestones).
17 achievements formed the original set that was available when the game was launched. Additional General achievements were added in the following updates: 1 as a part of the 2011 RIFT promotion, 1 in the Hatless Update, 1 during the 2011 Summer Camp Sale, 4 in the Pyromania Update, and 19 in the Love & War Update. The Standin achievements, Process achievements, and the Snakewater achievements are grouped in Steam in General achievements, but are separated in the TF2 wiki due to distinction of maps.
|| Conga Line|
Do the Conga with 10 or more players at the same time.
Win 20 games.
|| Emergency Brake|
Kill a charging Demoman.
|| Escape the Heat|
Jump into a pool of refreshing water while on fire.
Set five enemies on fire in 30 seconds.
|| Hard to Kill|
Get five kills in a row without dying.
Accumulate 1000 total kills.
|| Head of the Class|
Play a complete round with every class.
|| Impenetrable Defense|
Successfully defend Dustbowl without giving up a capture.
|| Impossible Defense|
Successfully defend Gravel Pit without giving up a capture.
|| Lightning Offense|
Win Well in 5 minutes or less.
|| Mass Hysteria|
Have 6 teammates using Pyrovision at the same time.
|| Master of Disguise|
Trick an opposing Medic into healing you.
|| May I Cut In, Too?|
Melee kill 10 players while they are doing the Square Dance taunt.
|| Nose Dive|
Kill 10 parachuting players.
|| On The Rocks|
Lose at Rock, Paper, Scissors 3 times in a row with Rock.
|| Party Crasher|
Kill 3 players who are doing the Conga within 5 seconds.
|| Powerhouse Offense|
Win 2Fort with a shutout.
|| Punching Bag|
Melee kill 10 Snipers using The Classic.
|| Ready for Duty|
Complete each class to unlock the next.
|| Relentless Offense|
Win Hydro without giving up a capture.
Kill an enemy within 5 seconds of you traveling through an Engineer's teleporter.
|| Running With Scissors|
Win at Rock, Paper, Scissors 3 times in a row with Scissors.
|| Sentry Gunner|
Accumulate 10 Sentry Gun kills with a single Sentry Gun.
Do 10 partner taunts with a teammate while capturing a control point.
|| Team Doctor|
Accumulate 25000 heal points as a Medic.
|| The Great Deflate|
Kill 79 enemies who have the Balloonicorn pets.
|| With Friends Like These...|
Play in a game with 7 or more players from your friends list.
Christmas Event achievements
Mann vs. Machievements
Valve Corporate achievements
Appears on the fifth day of the Sniper vs. Spy Update released on May 21, 2009 Patch. The achievement references the accidental leaking of the animated short Meet the Spy onto YouTube due to a bug with privacy settings.
Steam Users' Forums achievements
September 21, 2007 Patch
- Fixed achievement manager crash.
September 28, 2007 Patch
- Fixed achievements and stats being awarded when watching other player's demos.
October 9, 2007 Patch
- Fixed achievement storage issues that caused a problem with the Head of the Class achievement.
December 20, 2007 Patch
- Added effects to players when they earn an achievement, visible to other players nearby.
- Tweaked achievement HUD fonts and color palette for more readability.
- Fixed an occasional crash caused by an achievement not being found during a game announcement.
April 1, 2008 Patch
- Fixed a few instances of truncated text in the menus and dialogs for languages other than English.
April 29, 2008 Patch (Gold Rush Update)
- Added 39 Medic achievements.
- Minor fix to stat gathering to prevent players using sv_cheats to easily garner achievements.
April 30, 2008 Patch
- Removed TF2 achievement console commands.
May 2, 2008 Patch
- Fixed Milestone 2 and Milestone 3 achievements being given at the incorrect times.
June 19, 2008 Patch (Pyro Update)
- Achievement dialog will stay open when you're moving in & out of the game and the main menu.
- [Undocumented] Added 35 Pyro achievements.
June 20, 2008 Patch
- Fixed "Hot on your Heels" counting non-flamethrower based kills.
- Fixed some Pyro achievements not working on some servers.
August 4, 2008 Patch
- Fixed clients earning achievements when a player they've recently damaged suicides.
August 19, 2008 Patch (A Heavy Update)
- Added 35 Heavy achievements.
February 24, 2009 Patch (Scout Update)
- Added 35 Scout achievements.
May 21, 2009 Patch (Sniper vs Spy Update)
- Added 35 Sniper achievements.
- Added 34 Spy achievements.
October 29, 2009 Patch (Haunted Hallowe'en Special)
- Added 5 Scarechievements.
December 17, 2009 Patch (WAR! Update)
- Added 35 Soldier achievements.
- Added 35 Demoman achievements.
April 28, 2010 Patch
- Fixed the achievement dialog taking a long time to pop up.
- Completed achievements now sort to the bottom of the list.
July 8, 2010 Patch (Engineer Update)
- Added 35 Engineer achievements.
October 27, 2010 Patch (Scream Fortress Update)
- Added 4 Ghostchievements.
February 3, 2011 Patch
- Added achievement: Riftwalker.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- Added achievement: Ready for Duty.
May 5, 2011 Patch (Replay Update)
- Added 8 Replay achievements.
July 1, 2011 Patch
- Added achievement: Escape the Heat.
October 27, 2011 Patch (Very Scary Halloween Special)
November 2, 2011 Patch
December 15, 2011 Patch (Australian Christmas 2011)
- Added 12 map-specific achievements for Foundry.
- Added 1 Christmas Event achievement.
June 27, 2012 Patch (Pyromania Update)
- [Undocumented] Added 12 map-specific achievements for Doomsday.
- [Undocumented] Added 4 General achievements related to Pyrovision.
- [Undocumented] Added Pyro Achievement: Full Spectrum Warrior.
August 15, 2012 Patch (Mann vs. Machine Update)
- Added 35 Mann vs. Machievements.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Added 2 Necromannchievements.
January 16, 2013 Patch
- Fixed the achievement "The Great Deflate" not counting certain Balloonicorn and Reindoonicorn items.
October 29, 2013 Patch
- [Undocumented] Added 8 Hellchievements.
November 21, 2013 Patch (Two Cities Update)
- Added 14 more Mann vs. Machievements achievements.
- Added 5 map-specific achievements for Snakewater.
- Added 1 map-specific achievements for Process.
- Added 1 map-specific achievements for Standin.
February 7, 2014 Patch
- Fixed achievements getting stuck in a completed state and not being awarded to the player.
- Fixed players not being able to earn the Frags to Riches achievement if there is money in the world when the mission is completed.
June 18, 2014 Patch (Love & War Update)
- [Undocumented] Added 9 more General achievements.
- [Undocumented] Added 3 more Scout achievements.
- [Undocumented] Added 5 more Soldier achievements.
- [Undocumented] Added 1 more Pyro achievement.
- [Undocumented] Added 6 more Demoman achievements.
- [Undocumented] Added 4 more Sniper achievements.
- [Undocumented] Added 1 more Spy achievement.
- The progress of unobtained cumulative achievements is reset when a player resets their stats.
- The Riftwalker achievement could be obtained by killing an enemy after spawning rather than teleporting.
- The Ready for Duty achievement may not be awarded if a player has already completed Soldier training prior to the achievement's addition. To earn the achievement, the player needs to redo Soldier training, including the portion on Dustbowl.
- The Escape the Heat achievement could be obtained by being a Pyro who is using a Detonator to light up himself on a water surfaced area.
- The counter of the achievement The Great Deflate can be increased by killing or triggering a fake death of a Spy disguised as a player with the Balloonicorn equipped, whether the Spy himself has it equipped or not.
- The in-game achievement viewer lists the Process, Standin, and Snakewater achievements as belonging to their own packs, but when viewed through Steam they are listed as belonging to the General achievement pack.
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·