|Pickup Type:||Building & Ammo|
Ammo, or ammunition, is a resource that contributes to a player's weapon ammunition supply. Ammunition can be found in the form of Ammo crate pickups or destroyed building parts. The amount of ammo in a pick-up is applied to all weapons equipped, not just the one currently held. Reloading cannot be performed without having reserve ammunition. Should the player expend all ammunition with a weapon, it will be automatically switched with another and will be unavailable for use until more ammo is obtained.
Ammo pickups come in three different sizes. Each one refills a different percentage of their player's total ammo capacity (The ammunition that can be stored in a weapon's magazine is not factored into this percentage), as well as the Engineer's metal, and the Spy's Invisibility Watches. There are also several other sources of ammo that can be found:
- Ammo boxes
All Ammo crates have a 10 second respawn time.
- Small Ammo Pickup: Refills a fifth (20%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Medium Ammo Pickup: Refills half (50%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
- Large Ammo Pickup: Refills all (100%) of each weapon's ammo capacity.
With the exception of stickybomb debris, provides 50% of each weapon's ammo capacity, but considerably less metal and Cloak.
- Metal scraps created by broken stickybombs: 1 unit of ammo each.
- Broken Dispenser parts.
- Broken Teleporter parts.
- Broken Sentry Gun parts.
- Broken Combat Mini-Sentry Gun parts.
- Dropped items
- Should a Heavy die holding a lunchbox item, the dropped ammo box will provide health instead of ammo.
- Other sources
- Level 1 – 20% / sec
- Level 2 – 30% / sec
- Level 3 – 40% / sec
- Note: Enemy Dispensers will also refill ammo and Cloak if a Spy disguises as the enemy team. This has no effect on the operation of friendly Dispensers.
- Carts: 20% / sec
- Resupply lockers: Refills to 100% ammo for all weapons (as well as refilling the current magazine).
- Dropped weapons now replenish half of your max ammo when picked up.
- Added TF birthday replacement models for health kits and ammo packs.
- Fixed the Regen powerup preventing players from picking up ammo packs.
- Pick-up dropped weapons in-game (if usable by your class)
- Players can no longer pick up weapons for ammo. Players now drop a medium ammo kit on death.