The Antarctic Researcher is a community-created cosmetic item for the Engineer. It replaces the Engineer's default shirt with a partially zipped thick jacket with the sleeves rolled up, two front pockets and a blank name tag in the left side. Underneath it is a team-colored hooded sweatshirt with the hood peeking out the back. On both of his arms there are team-colored armbands with the Engineer's logo.
The Antarctic Researcher was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
- The Antarctic Researcher was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The Antarctic Researcher and the Scotch Saver were submitted together as part of the "Antarctic Engineer" set.
- The Antarctic Researcher can be seen stretching with things such as the Rancho Relaxo taunt.
- This, along with the Scotch Saver, resemble Kurt Russell's coat and beard in the 1982 film The Thing.