The Ap-Sap is a Sapper replacement for the Spy. It is a flattened Wheatley core with a glowing blue eye, that has voice lines which are activated upon certain circumstances such as deploying a Sapper, death, and more. The eyelid of the Ap-Sap moves as it talks and widens when in range of a sappable building.
This weapon functions identically to the Sapper.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Base damage||100%||25 / s|
15 s :
|Building destroy time||
6.00 s :
7.20 s :
8.64 s :
4.00 s :
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The Ap-Sap was added to the game.
- Fixed the Spy not holding Sappers correctly in third person.
- Updated the Ap-Sap so it can be gift-wrapped and have custom names/descriptions applied to it.
- [Undocumented] Added the Ap-Sap to the Mann Co. Store.
- There are no gibs when the Ap-Sap is removed from a building.
- Upon a feigned death with the Dead Ringer, neither a model is dropped nor a death response is heard by the user or other players.
- When an Engineer removes this Sapper from a building, the Ap-Sap may respond as if the building was successfully sapped.
- The Ap-Sap does not glow when crit-boosted.
- In Mann vs. Machine, after sapping a robot, the Ap-Sap will repeatedly continue to say hacking voice lines, once it has recharged.
- Stephen Merchant reprises his role as the voice of Wheatley for the Ap-Sap.
- The name of the item is a portmanteau of "Aperture" and "Sapper".
- The description mentions GLaDOS, the main villain from the Portal franchise.