The Beta Pocket Shotgun is a secondary weapon for the Soldier that was tested in Team Fortress 2 Beta. It uses the Shotgun model.
This weapon deals the same damage as the default Shotgun, however if a Soldier using this weapon is being healed by a Medic, the weapon will deal 20% more damage. If the Soldier isn't being healed by a Medic, the weapon switch time will be 30% longer.
The weapon has been removed from players' backpacks as of the November 9, 2011 Patch (Beta).
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
||9 / pellet
||6 / pellet
||3 / pellet
||18 / pellet
||8.1 / pellet
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
April 26, 2011 Patch (Beta)
April 28, 2011 Patch (Beta)
- Damage bonus increased to 20% from 25%
- Deploy time penalty decreased to 30% from 25%
November 9, 2011 Patch (Beta)
- [Undocumented] Removed the Beta Pocket Shotgun from players' backpacks.
- A Shotgun shell is always visible trailing after this weapon.
- This weapon can be preserved by not opening TF2, keeping the Beta Pocket Shotgun in your backpack.
- Pocket Soldier is the term used in competitive play to describe a Soldier that sticks with and protects the team's Medic.