From Team Fortress Wiki
This weapon functions exactly the same way as the Revolver.
It was awarded to players who pre-ordered Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse, or alternatively bought it up to a week after release.
The kill icon for the Big Kill was contributed by NeoDement.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.58 s|
|Spread recovery||1.25 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
- The Big Kill was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] This weapon was given its own kill icon.
- Fixed the Big Kill dealing the same amount of damage on headshots as the Ambassador.
- Like all of the Spy's secondary weapons except the Revolver and the Enforcer, the Spy does not actually put any bullets into the cylinder while reloading.
- The actual Big Kill is about twice as large in the original comic books, often with the barrel bending under its own weight.
- The name "Big Kill" was first used in an early drawing by Sam & Max creator Steve Purcell. However, the gun was not directly referred to as the Big Kill within the series until over twenty years later in the third episode of The Devil's Playhouse, "They Stole Max's Brain!", where it is listed in the notebook.
- Sam describes the Big Kill as "my second best and third most dangerous friend".
- The weapon resembles a combination between a Smith & Wesson Model 29, a highly popular and well-recognized weapon by being the weapon of choice of "Dirty" Harry Callahan, and a Colt Peacemaker, an iconic weapon from Spaghetti Western films.
- Although the Big Kill uses the Revolver's stats, the model itself is actually based on the animation skeleton of the Ambassador.