From Team Fortress Wiki
The Black Rose is a promotional melee weapon for the Spy. It is a double-edged butterfly knife serrated on one side with roses engraved along the blade and a symbol of an encircled rose imprinted on the handles. Its Baccara style colors the weapon almost entirely black, while the Mystery and True Love style is team-colored.
The Black Rose is awarded to players who complete the Alliance of Valiant Arms achievement 1st One Down by creating a character and playing their first game. In addition, this achievement will unlock the Holy Mackerel melee weapon for use in Alliance of Valiant Arms.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.8 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
| 1st One Down|
1st game played after creating character
|Mystery and True Love||Baccara|
- Added the Black Rose to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added animations for the Black Rose.
- Fixed team colors not working correctly for the second style of the Black Rose.
- Added draw/swing/stab forces.
- Updated The Black Rose so it can be gift wrapped.
- Fixed the Black Rose using the RED team arms skin while on the BLU team
- When changing styles, the weapon preview will display slightly outside of the borders.
- Though not black, but a deep red, the Black Baccara rose bears dark velvety petals with black edges.
- The weapon's description is a play on the phrase "Say it with flowers" which is commonly associated with the giving of roses to loved ones.
- Alliance of Valiant Arms is not available in certain countries, making the Black Rose unobtainable to certain users. A list of whitelisted countries may be found here.
- Players who have already created a character and played a match in Alliance of Valiant Arms before the update can still be awarded the achievement if they play a full match.
- The Black Rose was announced to be made tradable in the April 18, 2012 Patch, however this never happened, and the wrong information was removed from the official release note.
RED first-person view.
RED first-person view, ready to backstab.
BLU first-person view.