From Team Fortress Wiki
|“What are you lookin' at?!”
This page would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please add a suitable image, then remove this notice. The specific instructions are: "First person view of MK.II?"
Botkiller weapons are a special classification of items. They are signature Stock weapons for each class with either a robotic Heavy or robotic Engineer's head with glowing, team-colored eyes bound to the weapon with various belts, chains and wires, depending on the weapon. There are six types of Botkiller weapons: silver, gold, rust, blood, carbonado and diamond. All of the Botkiller weapons are Jiggleboned; Heavies', Pyros', Demomen's, Soldiers', Snipers', Medics' and Scouts' robotic Heavy heads will sway left and right according to the direction the player turns. On Engineers' and Spies' weapons, the mouth of the robotic Heavy head will open and close while the player moves around. The Sniper's robot head has a hole in its forehead, the Demoman's sports a metal eyepatch, and the Medic's has its robotic brain exposed.
Botkiller weapons were added to the game with the Mann vs. Machine update on August 15, 2012 Patch. To earn a Botkiller weapon, the player must complete a full Tour of Duty, and will be rewarded with a random Botkiller weapon at the end. While most weapons found will have rusty (from Operation Oil Spill), silver (from Operation Steel Trap and Operation Mecha Engine), or carbonado (from Operation Gear Grinder). A Heavy Robot head or an Engineer Robot head can be earned, depending on the mission. There is a small chance that bloody (from Operation Oil Spill), golden (from Operation Steel Trap and Operation Mecha Engine), or diamond (from Operation Gear Grinder) ones will be granted instead. Botkiller weapons will always be in strange quality. Engineer Botkiller weapons can only be obtainted in Silver or Gold form.
A Botkiller weapon's level will match the badge level for the current operation at the time it was issued and, as such, can exceed level 100. There is a level cap of 200.
- [Undocumented] The Silver and Gold Botkiller weapons were added to the game.
- Fixed seeing the fire texture on Gold Botkiller items in DirectX 8
- [Undocumented] Added Rust, Blood, Carbonado, and Diamond Botkiller weapons.
- [Undocumented] Added "Silver" to the name of Silver Botkiller weapons.
- Added Engineer Mk.II Botkiller weapons.
- Fixed the Botkiller Medi Gun and Botkiller Flamethrower using the wrong Red team arms skin while on the Blue team.
- Fixed the Botkiller Wrench using the Red team arms skin while on the Blue team.
- Fixed Diamond/Carbonado Botkiller weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms.
- Fixed the Botkiller Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher and Spy Knife weapons using incorrect team materials for the arms.
- The yellow components of the silver heads are set up for paint.
- There is an unused "Uranium" texture left in for the head that gives the rusted style a bright yellow-green glow from the seams.
- Robot Heavy heads may fall off of their Botkiller weapons, predominantly the Botkiller Minigun, and attach to other weapons.
- Robot Heavy heads stay attached to the player's ragdoll upon death, no matter which weapon was currently held upon death.
- In world view, the Carbonado Botkiller Stickybomb Launcher may appear as Scottish Resistance, though without a sensor camera.
- The loop attaching the robot head to the barrel of the Carbonado and Diamond Botkiller Medi Guns is not well-attached to the barrel and can swing partly or entirely through the barrel in the client view.
- On RED, in world view, the Gold Botkiller Minigun may appear as Natascha, though without an ammo belt.
- With flipped viewmodels enabled, the Botkiller Wrench's robot head, of all types, will have its normals inverted, making it appear to be see through.
Botkiller Scattergun variant first person view.
Botkiller Rocket Launcher variant first person view.
Botkiller Flamethrower variant first person view.
Botkiller Stickybomb Launcher first person view.
Silver Botkiller Mk.I Minigun variant first person view.
Silver Botkiller Mk.I Wrench variant first person view.
Botkiller Medi Gun BLU variant first person view.
Silver Botkiller Mk.I Sniper Rifle variant first person view.
Silver Botkiller Mk.I Knife RED variant first person view.