Bread is an object that occasionally appears when players teleport or die. Several seconds after spawning, the bread prop will disappear. There are currently nine different bread models, which will appear randomly. Bread-related weapons are one of the main focuses of the Love & War Update.
- [Undocumented] Bread now occasionally spawns when using a Teleporter.
Loaf of Borodinsky bread.
- Bread was hinted at multiple times before its appearance in the game itself:
- Bread was first mentioned in the Lecture Valley page.
- Bread was also shown on the Adult Swim Extravaganza blog post. In the top right corner directly above the Scout, a pair of baguettes are visible.
- The icon for the Summer Appetizer Crate contains two baguettes.
- The Two Cities Update page for Rottenburg shows Archimedes flying away with a pretzel.
- One of the RED Team's affiliated companies is RED Bread, which was prominently featured as RED team's cover in the Expiration Date short.
- The plain bread loaf appeared in the short Expiration Date as mutated sentient bread, and later became a monstrously large tentacled beast.
- All bread props can be destroyed with the Short Circuit and are also able to be air-blasted, similar to projectiles.
- Before June 17th, bread appeared very rarely.
- After the Love & War Update, there is a small chance bread will pop out of an Engineer's Exit Teleporter when used. In the Expiration Date video, RED teleports bread.
- "Two Cities Update: Rottenburg", November 21, 2013