The Buccaneer's Bicorne is a community-created cosmetic item for the Demoman. It is a gold-trimmed bicorne, of the type stereotypically worn by pirates. A large skull and crossbones, also known as the Jolly Roger, are emblazoned across the front, and a set of paintable team-colored feathers are pinned to the back. It also includes a small golden earring.
The Buccaneer's Bicorne was originally known as the "The Mighty Pirate" when it was originally contributed, but the name was changed by Valve before implementation into the game.
It was later contributed to the Steam Workshop, on Valve's request.
The backpack icon was contributed by smash.mn.
- Buccaneer's Bicorne was added to the game.
- Buccaneer's Bicorne was made craftable.
November 14, 2011 [Item schema update]
- The Buccaneer's Bicorne no longer falls off Demoman's head at death.
- The hat's original name was a reference to Guybrush Threepwood of the Monkey Island game series. The hat's design is also similar to that of LeChuck, also from the Monkey Island series.
- The hat itself uses an older texture with less detailed brushstrokes, whereas the backpack icon uses a newer, currently unimplemented texture with added scratches on the skull stitching.