From Team Fortress Wiki
(Redirected from Camera beard)
The Camera Beard can be used with a Strangifier.
This item is awarded in Genuine quality to players who purchase the BLU Spy Action Figure.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background.
- The Camera Beard was added to the game.
- Moved to the Misc loadout slot so this miscellaneous item can be equipped with a hat.
- Changed so this miscellaneous item can be smelted into scrap metal.
- Changed to be treated as a hat in crafting, allowing this item to be used as an ingredient in the "Rebuild Headgear" crafting recipe.
- [Undocumented] Added a community-contributed description for this miscellaneous item.
- This miscellaneous item was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] In items_game.txt item_type_name was changed from "TF_Wearable_Hat" to "TF_Wearable_FacialHair".
- [Undocumented] Revealed the rest of the NECA action figure promos.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The item description was written by Codo for the Hat Describing Contest and was slightly edited by Valve.
- This item is a tongue-in-cheek reference to real-world spy micro-cameras, which are disguised as innocuous articles of clothing such as shirt buttons or wristwatches, or in this case, a fake beard.
- Initially, the Spy had rejected the Camera Beard for being "ridiculous" on Day 4 of the Sniper vs. Spy Update, and elected to purchase the Cloak and Dagger and Dead Ringer instead.
- When the Camera Beard was changed from a headwear item to a miscellaneous item, they were dropped at an abnormally high rate, on par with weapons. A blueprint was soon added, so players could craft three of them into one scrap metal, until the drop rate of miscellaneous items was placed on par with that of hats.