The Carouser's Capotain is a community-created headwear item for the Demoman. It is a tall-crowned, team-colored capotain - also known as a pilgrim or Witch Hunter hat - with a black band and the Demoman's original class icon on a dull gold circle on the front, and a black design printed on the front of its rim.
- The Carouser's Capotain was added to the game.
- This hat's model and textures were updated.
- The paint textures were also improved.
- [Undocumented] Carouser's Capotain was added to the Mann Co. Store.
- Updated the Carouser's Capotain with an improved appearance
- [Item schema update] Updated the backpack image.
- The description is a reference to The Bible, specifically Exodus 22:18, which is often translated as "Suffer not a witch to live", referring to the Puritans and their practice of executing those accused of witchcraft.
- The hat was submitted under the name "The Inquisitor" before Valve had renamed it. Because of the changed name, the hat's textures are in the Demoman hat folder twice.
- A carouser is a participant in a noisy, lively drinking party or one who engages in drinking plentiful amounts of alcohol.
- Capotains are associated mostly with Puritans in the years leading up to the English Civil War, though they were around in England and Europe from the 1590's and went out of fashion around about the mid-seventeenth century.
- Team Fortress 2 Schema diff (commit
3df6a177…) on OPTF2 Wiki Schema Tracker, 02:07:59 UTC, September 12, 2011.