|“Ok guys, bad news: we lost that last one.”
This page details content that has been removed from the game.
The Charred Pocket Lint is a crafting ingredient that was updated in the June 27, 2012 Patch. It was originally added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, as the Pocket Lint.
Crafting it with three other incinerated treasures formed a Pile of Ash. This item was removed from the game in the July 11, 2012 Patch. As of the November 21, 2013 Patch it no longer is removed on login, but may not be used in crafting.
June 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] Pocket Lint was added to the game.
June 20, 2012 Patch
June 27, 2012 Patch
- Along with the other Mysterious Treasures, Pocket Lint was incinerated into a small pile of ash and renamed Charred Pocket Lint.
July 11, 2012 Patch
- All ash-related items have been faded away to dust.
November 21, 2013 Patch (Two Cities Update)
- [Undocumented] This item no longer expires on login, but has been updated to indicate it can no longer be used in crafting.
- Equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set changed the Pocket Lint description to "...the... which...", with random characters removed, which is a part of a quote from the "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" short story, part of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection. When combined with the other items added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, the full quote read "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser."
Level 1 Pocket Lint
Is it fabric lint? Navel lint you're keeping in your pocket so you don't lose it? Naval lint brushed from the hull of a battleship? This is pretty mysterious lint.