The Smoked Cheese Wheel is a crafting ingredient that was updated in the June 27, 2012 Patch. It was originally added in the June 19, 2012 Patch, as the Cheese Wheel. It appeared in the backpack as a cheese wheel coated in red wax with a label atop reading "Captain Dan's 'I Can't Believe I Ate This Cheese' Pound Milk Swiss Naturalish Cheese".
Crafting it with three other incinerated treasures formed a Pile of Ash. This item was removed from the game in the July 11, 2012 Patch. As of the November 21, 2013 Patch it no longer is removed on login, but may not be used in crafting.
June 19, 2012 Patch
- [Undocumented] The Cheese Wheel was added to the game.
June 20, 2012 Patch
June 27, 2012 Patch
- Along with the other Mysterious Treasures, the Cheese Wheel was incinerated into a small pile of ash and renamed Smoked Cheese Wheel.
July 11, 2012 Patch
- All ash-related items have been faded away to dust.
November 21, 2013 Patch (Two Cities Update)
- [Undocumented] This item no longer expires on login, but has been updated to indicate it can no longer be used in crafting.
- This item's description changed when viewed while equipping the Eliminating The Impossible set. It changed to "...the hidden wickedness...", with random characters removed, which is a part of the quote "Think of the deeds of hellish cruelty, the hidden wickedness which may go on, year in, year out, in such places, and none the wiser." from the "The Adventure of the Copper Beeches" short story, part of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes collection.
- The label on the cheese is a reference to the brand of a butter substitute called "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!"
- The cheese wheel is manufactured by the same company that makes Soldier's army surplus supplies, Captain Dan.
Level 1 Cheese Wheel
This cheese doesn't seem so mysterious until you realize it's full of bullet holes. Somebody got to this cheese before it could talk.