From Team Fortress Wiki
The Chieftain's Challenge is a community-created headwear item for the Soldier. It is a stereotypical Native American war bonnet with team-colored Team Fortress 2 logos painted onto the wooden side buttons covering the Soldier's ears. It features broad white feathers with team-colored tips and bases, and a decorated band covering the Soldier's eyes.
September 30, 2010 Patch (Mann-Conomy Update)
- The Chieftain's Challenge was added to the game.
October 6, 2010 Patch
- [Undocumented] Fixed a typo in the name of the Chieftain's Challenge (previously Chieftan's Challenge).
February 28, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] This hat was added to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] This hat can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- The Chieftain's Challenge is set up for paint, but the item is not currently paintable.
- When the Soldier is ÜberCharged, the back of the hat becomes invisible.