| Ghost Town
| Basic Information
| Map Type:
|| Mann vs. Machine
| File name:
| Map Info
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×2 • ×5
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×4 • ×8
Your robot attackers have been replaced by a single apocalyptic wave of zombies! How many zombies? How does 666 sound, fear friends? Because it sounds like a candy-ass pile of crap
to us! 666 is where we started. But where we ended was MORE THAN EIGHT HUNDRED!
Ghost Town (originally released as Coaltown Event) is a map that was released on October 26, 2012, as part of the Spectral Halloween Special update. It is designed for the game mode Mann vs. Machine. Ghost Town is a version of Coal Town at night, with pumpkins, gravestones, and other Halloween-themed objects scattered around. It is unique in that all robots on the map are reskinned to look like zombies, though this is purely cosmetic. The map contains only 1 mission: the Nightmare mission Caliginous Caper. As it is not playable in Mann Up mode, there is no reward for completing this mission.
- When playing with minimal HUD, the bar on the top will not display correctly.
- Some of the zombie reskins encountered on this map do not have an animation for jumping into the bomb hatch; as a result, they appear to simply vanish when the wave is failed.
- When Halloween costumes are not allowed, the zombies will appear as normal humans.
October 26, 2012 Patch (Spectral Halloween Special)
- Added mission Calignious Caper.
July 10, 2013 Patch
- Renamed mvm_coaltown_event to mvm_ghost_town to fix a problem with voting for challenges in MvM when on Coal Town.