The Cotton Head is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It is a team-colored trilby hat with a darker, paintable band, two badges and a ribbon on the opposite side. The first square badge is team-colored, and contains the words "Rattle Me Tones" and a generic death skull and crossbones with three music notes. The second circular badge is colored orange on RED and yellow on BLU, and contains the words "Mann Club" with one music note. The Cotton Head has a darker color scheme when worn on the Pyro, Medic or Spy.
This cosmetic item has two styles. When painted, Style 1 colors the sash, and Style 2 colors the entire hat. When unpainted, the second style is a bit darker than first one.
The Cotton Head was contributed to the Steam Workshop.
|Style 1||Style 2|
This item has very little effect on its appearance when its styles are changed unless painted. A Deep Commitment to Purple paint is used here for demonstration purposes.
- The Cotton Head was added to the game.
- Updated models/materials for The Cotton Head.
- [Undocumented] Updated The Cotton Head to be equipable by all classes.
equip_regionsettings for the Cotton Head.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The name of the item is a reference to the track "Cotton Heads" by French band Caravan Palace.
- The "Rattle Me Tones" words on the one badge is a play on term "rattle me bones", which is an obsolete slang for "to play dice."
- "Rattle me bones" phrase is usually associated with a pirates, which is also referenced by skull and crossbones on the same badge.