Crouching is a feature that reduces the area of your character, making you a smaller and less-visible target. This can make tasks such as defending Sentry Guns, sniping, pushing Payload carts and ambushing easier. Crouch-jumping also facilitates rocket jumping, and crouch-jumping will increase the distance one jumps. Some obstacles require you to crouch-jump on top or over them as crouching in mid-air brings your legs and feet up.
When crouching, the character will move much slower than the default movement speed. But unlike running, your backward and forward speeds are identical. The default key for a crouch is in the PlayStation 3 version, and in the Xbox 360 version. Crouching can be selected to toggle in the "Options" menu.in the PC version,
When crouching, your character will move 66% slower except when you are a Sniper who is scoped in (98.67% slower) or aiming an arrow (85% slower) or a Heavy with his Minigun revved (immobile).
Crouching does not increase your accuracy when firing a weapon, unlike in other Source games.
(while hauling a building)
(with rifle zoomed)
(with Huntsman drawn)
(with Eyelander or HHHH and 1 head)
(with Eyelander or HHHH and 2 heads)
(with Eyelander or HHHH and 3 heads)
(with Eyelander or HHHH and 4 heads)
(with Scotsman's Skullcutter)
(with Escape Plan with 121-160 HP)
(with Escape Plan with 81-120 HP)
(with Escape Plan with 41-80 HP)
(with Escape Plan with 1-40 HP)
(with Minigun spinning)
(with G.R.U. drawn)
(under effects of Buffalo Steak Sandvich)
- Note: abs = absolute values in velocity units (v).
- Fixed headshots not always registering for crouched players.
- Fixed crouch-jump exploit that allowed players to get outside of the world
- You can now duck twice in the air. Scout double jumps reset the in-air jump counts
- Added "tf_clamp_airducks" convar, set to 1 by default
- Setting it to 0 will remove all constraints on ducking while in the air. Useful for servers running RJ challenge maps
- Added server ConVar "bot_crouch" to make bots crouch