The Dangeresque, Too?, also referred to as the Dangeresque Shades or Dangeresque's Shades, is a miscellaneous item for the Demoman. It is a pair of white "shutter shades", as worn by Homestar Runner - the titular character from the Homestar Runner series of Flash animations - in the cartoon of the same name.
They are unlocked by defeating Strong Bad during a round in Poker Night at the Inventory in which he has bought in with the item instead of cash.
| Special Item: Strong Bad|
Knock out Strong Bad after he's bought in with his special item.
- The Dangeresque, Too? was added to the game.
- This item was made paintable and giftable.
- The shades come from Strong Bad's low-budget, Ed Wood-esque action series Dangeresque, consisting of only three films; the item's name refers to Dangeresque Too, usually spoken as "Dangeresque...Too?". Dangeresque's (Strong Bad) sidekick, played by Homestar Runner, wears these shades. They first show up in Strong Bad email #106: dangeresque 3.
- The model used in-game has some minor differences from the original cartoon's design. The Team Fortress 2 version is white by default and doesn't have any lenses, whereas the cartoon version is more of a metallic styling.
- The in-game description references the poker term "splashing the pot", which means to haphazardly push or throw chips into the center of the table instead of keeping them separate from other players' chips. This practice is frowned upon, as it can make it difficult to account for the amount of chips anted.
- This item was described by developer Robin Walker as the furthest they could bend the Team Fortress 2 art style.
- TF2 Official Blog: "Shh. Sascha is asleep." – November 3, 2010
- TF2 Official Blog: "Who wants some a this?" – November 23, 2010
- "Back from Valve"; interview with Robin Walker at Valve, posted by Political Gamer on March 23, 2011. Accessed January 9, 2012.