Dead of Night
The Dead of Night is a community-created cosmetic item for all classes. It turns their clothes into a winter overcoat that features a dark team-colored paintable collar, lapels, cuffs and lining, extends or adds sleeves for Scout, Demoman, Heavy and Sniper, adds buttons for all classes except Sniper, Demoman and Engineer, and gives Spy shoulder patches. It also replaces the classes' default shirts with a dark, striped turtleneck sweater.
This item features four styles; when painted, the "Dark" style colors the coat's lapels, lining, and cuffs, while "Light" only colors the sweater underneath the coat. When unpainted, the "Light" style changes the cuffs, lapels and lining to be white. Both "Dark - Hide Grenades" and "Light - Hide Grenades" additionally removes Soldier, Pyro, and Demoman's grenades from their chests.
The Dead of Night was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Sir Manteau Chandail".
|Dark - Hide Grenades||Light - Hide Grenades||Dark||Light|
- The Dead of Night was added to the game.
- Updated the
equip_regionfor the Dead of Night.
- Updated models/materials for the Dead of Night.
- [Undocumented] Updated the Dead of Night to be equippable by all classes.
- "In the dead of night" is an idiom which means "in the middle of the night" or "in the middle of winter".
- It also references the Spy saying "This won't be the first corpse I've disposed of in the dead of night" at the start of a round on Helltower map.