From Team Fortress Wiki
With a twirl behind his back, leading to a horizontal slash to the slow, unaware, or simply unfortunate neck that stands before him, the Demoman performs his Decapitation taunt. The Demoman concludes his short swipe by bringing his blade back and wiping down its length with his fingers. The decapitation will kill anyone caught within range as the blade swings across them, rewarding the Demoman with a new head to his collection if he has the Eyelander, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker, or Nessie's Nine Iron equipped. However, a kill with the decapitation will not contribute to any achievements involving performing kills with the Eyelander. Killing someone with this taunt is considered "honorable" by the Half-Zatoichi, and will allow the user to sheath his weapon, as well as filling health.
As with most kill taunts, this taunt can be used to kill enemy players during a stalemate or humiliation, despite being visibly disarmed.
The Decapitation can be performed with the Eyelander, Half-Zatoichi, Claidheamh Mòr, Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker, Persian Persuader, and Nessie's Nine Iron.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.
|| Scotch Tap|
Glory in the slaughter of your enemies using the Eyelander.
December 17, 2009 Patch (WAR! Update)
- The taunt was added to the game.
December 18, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a server crash caused by the Demoman taunt kill.
March 15, 2011 Patch
- Fixed the Demoman taunt not working correctly when the Half-Zatoichi is the active weapon.
April 14, 2011 Patch (Hatless Update)
- Fixed taunt kills made with a Katana not counting towards honorbound kills.
June 3, 2011 Patch
- [Undocumented] The taunt was assigned to the Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker and the Claidheamh Mòr.
July 2, 2012 Patch
- Fixed decapitations creating head gibs in Low Violence and Pyrovision
- There is an unused model located in game files, which depicts a cleanly "decapitated" neck, located in the Soldier directory. Whether this model was meant to appear in game, or on an update page in the case of a Demoman victory during the WAR! Update is unknown.