The Double-Barrel Shotgun, or Super Shotgun, is a slot 3 weapon for the Engineer, Heavy Weapons Guy, Medic, Soldier, and Spy in the Team Fortress Classic series of games.
- The Double-Barrel Shotgun deals 4 points of damage over 14 pellets; 56 damage if all pellets connect, which makes this weapon able to kill a Scout in two shots.
- The absence of fall-off damage in Team Fortress Classic makes it an ideal primary weapon.
- The Half-Life 1 Engine (Gold Source Engine) also limits the spread of the Double-Barrel Shotgun, making it work surprisingly well at long range.
- The reloading time is fairly quick as it takes only 3 seconds to completely reload it.
- The Team Fortress Super Shotgun has fall-off damage which renders the weapon less useful at range, making it better suited as a secondary weapon.
- It consumes 2 shells per shot, making it capable of entirely consuming the player's shell reserve.
- While the Double-Barrel Shotgun does not have fall-off damage in Team Fortress Classic, it is preferable to use it in close combat quarters to deal full damage. Unfortunately, this causes the player to expose themselves to danger.
- The old Double-Barrel Shotgun model in Team Fortress Classic is the SPAS-12 model from Half-Life.
3rd-person view of the new Double-Barrel Shotgun in Team Fortress Classic.
3rd-person view of the old Double-Barrel Shotgun model in Team Fortress Classic.