The Dragonborn Helmet, formerly known as the Tamrielic Relic, is a promotional headwear item for the Heavy. It is an iron helmet adorned with a horn on each side. The helmet is based on a piece of armor found in certain promotional artwork for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, known as the Iron Helmet within the game itself.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-ordered The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim before August 8th, 2011 at 10AM PDT. It was also awarded in Unique quality to players who purchased the Quakecon Bundle before August 6th, 2012 at 10AM PDT.
- The Dragonborn Helmet was added to the item schema.
- [Item schema update] The Dragonborn Helmet was renamed from the "Tamrielic Relic" to the "Dragonborn Helmet".
- The Dragonborn Helmet can be found randomly, bought, traded, crafted and gifted.
- [Undocumented] The Dragonborn Helmet can now be uncrated with Unusual quality.
- Added face equip region.
- This hat's materials can be found in the
all_classfolder in the GCF, suggesting it was originally designed to be worn by all classes.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was one of several games not available for pre-order in the United Kingdom and Russia, originally preventing consumers in these regions from directly earning the item in Genuine quality.
- The Dragonborn Helmet is named after the main character of Skyrim, the "Dovahkiin" (or "Dragonborn"); both names mean "one who is born with the soul of a dragon".
Team Fortress 2 Schema diff (commit
7effd4e8…) on OPTF2 Wiki Schema Tracker, 21:57:05 UTC, August 9, 2011. Accessed August 10, 2011.
- Dragonborn, Elder Scrolls Wikia.