The Eliminators Safeguard(community-created cosmetic item for the Heavy. It consists of a rounded, protective shell styled helmet with a steel visor to protect the wearer's face. The visor has a simple cut out section at the top for the wearer to see through, and is fixed in the raised position. The chinstrap that would normally keep the helmet in place is missing. It resembles an Altyn helmet, used by the Russian special forces.) is a
This item has two styles, named "Visor Up" and "Visor Down". The "Visor Down" style pulls the visor on the helmet down, covering most of the Heavy's face, while the "Visor Up" style retains the item's original appearance.
The Eliminators Safeguard was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "War Helmet".
|Visor Up||Visor Down|
- The Eliminators Safeguard was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- Updated models/materials for Eliminators Safeguard.
- [Undocumented] Added styles to the Eliminators Safeguard.
- The helmet is unable to change between styles on the player's world model correctly. Although the style will appear changed in the HUD player model box, it will be unchanged in world model view. The only known fix is to change the style of the helmet, un-equip it, respawn or touch a resupply cabinet so that you are no longer wearing the helmet, then re-quip it, and then once more respawn or touch a resupply cabinet.
- It appears to be a Maska-1Sch helmet, originally used by the Soviet K.G.B. and later the Russian MVD, FSB, and other special forces units.
- The Eliminators Safeguard, the Combat Slacks, and the War Goggles were submitted together as part of the "Heavy Assault" set.