From Team Fortress Wiki
The Engineer is a playable class in Team Fortress Classic. His primary skill is erecting various buildings in order to support the team. He can upgrade and repair these items with his Wrench, which also serves as his unique melee weapon that can repair his teammates' Armor. He is equipped with the Railgun and Double-Barrel Shotgun, along with two powerful grenades, in order to engage enemies. However, his low health and armor prevents him from being a true offensive powerhouse.
- Stay on defense.
- Collect Metal.
- Build and upgrade your Sentry Gun.
- Build a Dispenser.
- Repair your teammates' Armor.
- Build Teleporters.
- Protect your buildings with EMP Grenades.
- Your Dispenser will damage enemies upon detonation according to how much ammo it has stored. You can use this as an improvised bomb.
- Your Sentry Gun is very susceptible to Nailgun fire. Try to kill any Medics close to your Sentry Gun before their Super Nailgun destroys it.
- Teleporters are invaluable to your team. Try to situate them so that they are not easily found or destroyed in order for them to provide your team with an alternative route.
- Your Railgun is not as effective as your Shotgun; use it sparingly.
- Use grenades to grenade jump to areas inaccessible by normal means and build Sentry Guns in hard-to-reach locations.
- Your EMP Grenade can be the most devastating grenade in the game. It detonates any ammunition carried on the victim. The EMP Grenade can do more damage if there are packs lying on the ground as it will detonate the ammo in them. They are also extremely useful in destroying enemy buildings and Demoman pipe traps. A player can also remove any excess ammo they are carrying in order to minimize the damage they receive from EMP Grenades. EMP Grenades will also make a Demoman's Detpack detonate after about a second delay from the EMP explosion.
- EMP's are not recommended for close combat. They can kill the enemy, but can also kill you, instantly.
Class Skill: Opens the build menu.
- Build Sentry Gun.
- Build Dispenser.
- Repair Armor.
- Create ammunition.
- Build Teleporters.
- Can rotate your Sentry in 45 degree or 180 degree intervals after it's built.
- Detonate buildings to create large explosion.
Quake console aliases:
|build†||Opens the build menu.|
|dropammo||Creates ammo from Metal when reserve ammo is not available.|
†This has the same effect as using the
|Wrench||Cells||N/A||N/A||18||Repairs and upgrades buildings and repairs armor of players using the cells ammunition type.|
|Double-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||16||50||4-51||Fires fourteen pellets.|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
|Hand Grenade||2||High||Deals high damage on a four second fuse.|
|EMP Grenade||2||Varies||Detonates all of the ammo an enemy is holding.|
- Fixed Engineer not being able to build while ducking.
- The Engineer from Team Fortress Classic appears in the initial page for the Engineer Update as the Team Fortress 2 Engineer's father, if not a major role model.
The new TFC Engineer.
The QWTF Engineer.
- Engineer in Team Fortress 2.