|“What are you lookin' at?!”
This page or section would benefit from the addition of one or more images.
Please add a suitable image, then remove this notice.
|“Gotta move that gear up!”
This article may contain content that is out of date.
You can help improve this article by updating the content as necessary. See the wiki style guide. The specific instructions are: Painted variants for new style
This item has two Styles. The first style paints only the bottom of the beard, while the second style paints the entirety of the beard. When unpainted, there are no differences between the two.
The Five-Month Shadow was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Blizzard Beard."
|An Extraordinary Abundance of Tinge||Color No. 216-190-216||Peculiarly Drab Tincture||Aged Moustache Grey|
|A Distinctive Lack of Hue||After Eight||Radigan Conagher Brown||Ye Olde Rustic Colour|
|Muskelmannbraun||Mann Co. Orange||Australium Gold||The Color of a Gentlemann's Business Pants|
|Dark Salmon Injustice||Pink as Hell||A Deep Commitment to Purple||Noble Hatter's Violet|
|A Color Similar to Slate||Zepheniah's Greed||Drably Olive||Indubitably Green|
|The Bitter Taste of Defeat and Lime||A Mann's Mint|
|Waterlogged Lab Coat (RED)||Waterlogged Lab Coat (BLU)||Balaclavas Are Forever (RED)||Balaclavas Are Forever (BLU)|
|Team Spirit (RED)||Team Spirit (BLU)||Operator's Overalls (RED)||Operator's Overalls (BLU)|
|The Value of Teamwork (RED)||The Value of Teamwork (BLU)||An Air of Debonair (RED)||An Air of Debonair (BLU)|
|Cream Spirit (RED)||Cream Spirit (BLU)||Unpainted|
|Style 1||Style 2|
This item has no effect on its appearance when its styles are changed unless painted. Zepheniah's Greed paint is used here for demonstration purposes.
- The Five-Month Shadow was added to the game.
- Updated The Five-Month Shadow to fix a paint-related problem
- Updated models/materials for The Five-Month Shadow.
- [Undocumented] Added new styles to the Five-Month Shadow.
- [Undocumented] Updated the backpack icon for the Five-Month Shadow.
- The item's name is a play on the term "five o'clock shadow", the stubble on a man's face that grows during the day.
- The design of the beard is a reference to MacReady, the main character in the 1982 film The Thing. The publicity blurb references the final scene in which MacReady and his friend Childs share a bottle of scotch as their camp burns around them.