| Foundry (Control Point)
| Basic information
| Map type
|| Control Point
| File name:
| Map Info
|| Dusk, cloudy
|| Cauldron Fire
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×8 • ×10
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×13 • ×5
| Map Photos
Foundry is a Standard Control Point map. It was released with the Australian Christmas 2011 update on December 15, 2011 Patch. It is set in an industrial complex, with the end control points located directly in front of a giant cauldron heated by fire.
There are two steam whistles at the center control point, one RED and one BLU. If BLU captures a control point, their steam whistle emits steam while playing a train-like tone, and vice versa.
There are 12 map-specific achievements for Foundry. Upon unlocking 7 achievements, the player will earn the Full Head Of Steam, an all-class hat.
Control Point 3
The middle capture is located on a small, raised platform in between the RED Iron Works and BLU Blast Complex factories.
- Entrances: Each team has 3 entrances; a main entrance beside a train, a side entrance on a raised platform and a third entrance on a lowered platform.
- Roof: A roof above the central control point, which can only be accessed by a Soldier, Demoman, Engineer, Pyro or Scout. There are two small windows on the roof.
- Center Platform: A small, slightly raised platform. The Control Point is on this platform. There are 2 small sheds near the Center Platform.
Overview of Central Control Point.
Central Control Point and the Roof.
Control Point 2 & 4
The second and fourth control point is in the center of a large yard between two buildings.
- Transition Building: A large building separating the Third Control Point from the Second or Fourth Control Point. It's split into two areas, separated by a large boiler and stairs. There is an inner balcony overlooking one side that leads to another balcony that overlooks the Yard.
- Yard: A large, open space with the Control Point in the center. There is a large freight container on one side.
- Side Path: A path that goes around the second or fourth Control Point. The path also leads to an entrance to the first or fifth Control Point on top of a hill. There's a freight container that can be accessed by some stairs on one side and some parts of the Side Path is cut off from the main part of the Yard by fence.
- Balcony: A balcony that begins in the Transition Building by going up some stairs that leads to another balcony that over looks the Yard.
- Elevated Platform: A set of stairs leads up to a platform that leads to one of the Entry Rooms.
Overview of BLU's second Control Point.
One side of the BLU Transition Building.
One side of the RED Transition Building.
Control Point 1 & 5
The final Control Point right is in front of a giant cauldron.
- Foundry Room: A large room with freight crates scattered around. One end of the room has a giant cauldron that instantly kills anyone who falls into the surrounding fire. The Control Point is in front of the cauldron.
- Upper Walkway: A walkway that can be accessed by stairs in the Foundry Room and through one of the entrances room in the Yard.
- Entry Rooms: Small rooms that are between the Yard and the Foundry Room. One room has stairs that leads up to Elevated Platform, another room leads straight to the Yard and the third room also has stairs but leads up to the Side Path.
Overview of BLU's Foundry Room.
Entrances to the BLU Entry Rooms.
Entrance to one of the RED Entry Rooms.
RED Upper Walkway and the Entry Room.
Control Point timing
Foundry has 12 map-specific achievements.
Get one or more kills as all nine classes in one round.
|| Real Steal|
Win a round in which the enemy team has attempted to capture your final control point.
|| Terminated, Too|
Kill a player by pushing them into the cauldron fire.
|| The Crucible|
Win 137 Rounds.
|| Raze the Roof|
Kill two people on the roof of the center control point in a single life.
|| Dead Heat|
Play through a back-and-forth battle for 15 control point captures.
|| Foundry Force Five|
Play in a game with five or more players from your Friends list.
|| Two Minute Warring|
Be part of a team that wins within two minutes.
|| Five the Fast Way|
Capture the final control point within five seconds of your team capturing the previous control point.
December 15, 2011 Patch (Australian Christmas 2011)
- Added Foundry to the game.
January 11, 2012 Patch
Cp_Foundry not ending the map in the middle of a round when
mp_timelimit is hit.
February 2, 2012 Patch
- Clip brush collision smoothing by the forward spawn alternate exit.
- Fixed Nobuild exploits.
- Fixed the teleporter player trap on the roof of the forward spawn alternate exit.
- Fixed Nodraw and texturing errors.
- Fixed clipping of barrels on final cap points.
- Fixed fade distance on props.
- Fixed lighting bugs in spytech vistas.
- Removed props hidden in geometry.
- Removed ability for players to cap the final point by standing on the catwalk behind it.
- There are a number of hidden rooms throughout the map, which appear to be hints to the then-unreleased Mann vs. Machine update:
- Behind the RED spawn room there is a RED Soldier guarding a door marked "Secret". Inside that door a Heavy and Scout, the Scout in his humiliation appearance and the Heavy in his melee weapon stance, are watching four photographs dry of Grey Mann's Demoman, Pyro and Heavy robots.
- In the same room, the number sequence 13 22 13 is visible on the wall. If each number is matched to a letter (A=1, B=2 etc.) then 13 22 13 translates to M V M. This was a hint to the eventual name of the update.
- At BLU's second point, behind the fence near the dump truck is a hidden room behind doors labeled 40 and 39. Inside is a sign reading "Doctor Wilson's Auto-Borax Self Scrubbing Mechanical Soap".
- Two wooden planks propped up against the sign frame the letters to form "TO-BOR". Tobor is robot backwards, as well as a name given to a scrapped texture in the game. This was a term that was heavily hinted in events leading up to Mann vs. Machine.
The hidden room behind RED's spawn
Photos in the hidden room
Texture for the photos in the hidden room
Numbers on the wall of the hidden room
The hidden room near BLU's second point