This item has three different styles, named "Deadly", "Dangerous", and "Tasty". The second style, "Dangerous", replaces the arrow with a worm tunneling through the core. The third style, titled "Tasty", replaces the arrow with a large and noticeable bite mark on the side of the apple.
Reduces the chance of hunger by up to 13%
- Note: The attributes are hidden until both items are equipped.
- This effect is purely cosmetic; it has no effect on gameplay.
|Huntsman||Refined Metal||Fruit Shoot|
- The Fruit Shoot was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of this item in the Mann Co. Store.
- This item is a reference to the legend of William Tell, in which Tell used an an apple placed upon his son's head as an archery target to prove his marksmanship ability.
- The second style "Dangerous" shows a stereotypical earthworm munching its way through the apple. This is a common misconception: "worms" found in apples are the larvae of the Codling moth.
- The Fruit Shoot was originally submitted with five styles; the two scrapped styles were simply an apple (without an arrow/bite mark/etc.), and an apple almost entirely eaten.