This cosmetic item has three styles, named "Deadly", "Dangerous", and "Tasty". The second style, "Dangerous", replaces the arrow with a worm tunneling through the core. The third style, titled "Tasty", replaces the arrow with a large and noticeable bite mark on the side of the apple.
The Fruit Shoot was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Target Practice."
Reduces the chance of hunger by up to 13%
- Note: The attributes are hidden until both items are equipped.
- This effect is purely cosmetic; it has no effect on gameplay.
|Huntsman||Refined Metal||Fruit Shoot|
- The Fruit Shoot was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Fruit Shoot in the Mann Co. Store.
- This item is a reference to the legend of William Tell, in which Tell used an an apple placed upon his son's head as an archery target to prove his marksmanship ability.
- The second style "Dangerous" shows a stereotypical earthworm munching its way through the apple. This is a common misconception: "worms" found in apples are the larvae of the Codling moth.
- The Fruit Shoot was originally submitted with five styles; the two scrapped styles were simply an apple (without an arrow/bite mark/etc.), and an apple almost entirely eaten.
- The items name is a reference to the Fruit shoot brand of fruit juice.