We're not currently in a full moon.
The next full moon is from October 25, 2015 at 12 Midnight through to October 27, 2015 at 12 Midnight (UTC).
The Full Moon restriction was introduced with the 2011 Very Scary Halloween Special. All previous items that were restricted to Halloween were updated to be equipable during both Halloween events and full moons. The items will be available for use during full moons according to a formula that closely approximates the lunar calendar. During this period, the main menu background becomes a full-color image of Double Cross, the menu class portrait will be sometimes wearing their Halloween Costumes, the default Message of the day states "Welcome and Enjoy the Full Moon!", and Strange weapons equipped with Strange Part: Full Moon Kills will be counting the kills performed under the timespan.
Most Recent Full Moon
- September 25, 2015 at 12 Noon through to September 27, 2015 at 12 Noon
Upcoming Full Moons
- October 25, 2015 at 12 Midnight through to October 27, 2015 at 12 Midnight
- November 23, 2015 at 12 Noon through to November 25, 2015 at 12 Noon
- December 23, 2015 at 12 Midnight through to December 25, 2015 at 12 Midnight
- January 21, 2016 at 12 Noon through to January 23, 2016 at 12 Noon
A full moon occurs every 29.5 days starting Midday, October 12, 2011. The period lasts for a full day before and after the time calculated, so the very first full moon was one day either side of 12am (Midnight) on November 10, 2011.
All times on this page are in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- [Undocumented] Added halloween-restricted items.
- [Undocumented] Halloween-restricted items can now be worn during a Full Moon.
- Added a full moon background for the main menu.
- [Undocumented] Halloween-restricted items now have a pumpkin image in backpack view.
- Enabled Full Moon holiday for one week.
- The Full Moon occurs every 29.5 days starting Midday, October 12, 2011, but NASA times the average length of a synodic month as 44 minutes and 3 seconds longer.