Grordbort's rockets (also known as Grockets) are crash-landed rockets bent to one side, with smoke and flames billowing out. They appeared on 2Fort, Badwater Basin, and Barnblitz on July 18, 2011 Patch.
The Grordbort's rockets are part of the "Dr. Grordbort's Victory Pack", "Dr. Grordbort's Moonman Pack", and "Dr. Grordbort's Brainiac Pack". The Grordbort's rockets contain "alien" weaponry and cosmetic items, according to the TF2 comic and TF2 blog respectively.
On December 9, 2011 Patch, the Grordbort's rockets model was updated to show three open doors with three ladders descending to the ground, where toolboxes are lying stationary. It was later revealed that the Engineer and Pyro had found a rocket, and were given new items from it.
- [Undocumented] Updated the texture and model of the Grordbort's rockets.
- [Undocumented] Removed the crashed rockets from the maps they were on.
- The term "Grocket" comes from the filename of the prop in the GCF,
grocket_001, and is an abbreviation of the full name "Grordbort's rockets".
- According to the Missing Shipment Manifest, the rocket was also loaded with "Moon Mistress Brand Potato Chips", noted for being "Cleavage flavoured".
- At least one of Grordbort's rockets is named The Sperm Cudgel IV, which departed from Venus.
- The rocket appears to be an "Endangerer Class" transport, according to Dr. Grordbort's Rocket Recognition chart.
- The rocket seems to have come from an alternate universe via irregularities in the space time fabric somewhere north of Earth.
- The rockets have been shown in two comics: Grordbort's Crash and True Meaning. Both feature at least one class finding new weapons inside rockets from another dimension.
- Missing Shipment Manifest on the Dr. Grordbort's website.
- Know Your Rocketry! page on the Dr. Grordbort's website.
- Missing Shipment - Update! page on the Dr. Grordbort's website.