This cosmetic item has four styles. The second style, titled "Reinforced", adds a metal visor over the mask along with a radioactive trefoil symbol on the back of the helmet, the "Streamlined" style removes the right breathing filter, and the final style, "A Serious Absence of Fear" adds the metal visor and radiation symbol, while also removing the right filter.
The HazMat Headcase was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Haphazard Hazmat Wrap Mk.2".
|Safety First||Reinforced||Streamlined||A Serious Absence of Fear|
- The HazMat Headcase was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The HazMat Headcase was added to the drop system and can now be unboxed with Unusual quality.
- Added Pyromania cosmetic items to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Modified the materials for the HazMat Headcase.
- Updated The HazMat Headcase so it can be equipped by the Sniper.
- The HazMat Headcase can no longer be unboxed in Unusual quality.
- If this item is in Unusual quality, the particles come out of Pyro's chest, rather than out of the HazMat Headcase. Although some effects, like Purple Energy do emit from the HazMat Headcase, most effects, like Circling Heart, will come out of the Pyro's chest.
- The HazMat Headcase was originally designed around a piece of concept art for Team Fortress 2. Valve felt the design too closely mimicked their own art, so they initially rejected the item. The creators then recreated the hat in a new style, with a visual distinction from the concept art.
- There is a hidden note in the bottom right hand corner of the Headcase's textures reading "SW <3 PR 4evr", meaning "Sparkwire loves Primrose forever", both of them being the item's creators.
- The Sniper version of the HazMat Headcase was originally considered a joke, but was added anyway by Valve after some discussions with the creator.