This cosmetic item has four styles: "Safety First", "Reinforced", "Streamlined" and "A Serious Absence of Fear". "Safety First" is the default style, "Reinforced" adds a metal visor over the mask along with a radioactive trefoil symbol on the back of the helmet, while "Streamlined" and "A Serious Absence of Fear" removes the right filter from the previously mentioned styles.
The HazMat Headcase was contributed to the Steam Workshop under the name "Haphazard Hazmat Wrap Mk.2".
|Safety First||Reinforced||Streamlined||A Serious Absence of Fear|
- The HazMat Headcase was added to the game.
- [Undocumented] The HazMat Headcase was added to the drop system and can now be unboxed with Unusual quality.
- Added Pyromania cosmetic items to the Mann Co. Store.
- [Undocumented] Modified the materials for the HazMat Headcase.
- Updated The HazMat Headcase so it can be equipped by the Sniper.
- [Undocumented] Added Strange quality.
- The HazMat Headcase can no longer be unboxed in Unusual quality.
- If this item is in Unusual quality, most particles (with the exception of several such as Purple Energy) come out of Pyro's chest, rather than out of the HazMat Headcase.
- The HazMat Headcase was originally designed around a piece of concept art for Team Fortress 2. Valve felt the design too closely mimicked their own art, so they initially rejected the item. The creators then recreated the hat in a new style, with a visual distinction from the concept art.
- There is a hidden note in the bottom right hand corner of the Headcase's textures reading "SW <3 PR 4evr", meaning "Sparkwire loves Primrose forever", both of them being the item's creators.
- The Sniper version of the HazMat Headcase was submitted as a joke, but was added anyway by Valve.