Heavy Weapons Guy (Classic)
|Heavy Weapons Guy (Classic)|
The Heavy Weapons Guy is a playable class in Team Fortress Classic. He is noted for his large size and is outfitted with Heavy Armor. The Heavy Weapons Guy is outfitted with a Single-Barrel Shotgun, Double-Barrel Shotgun, and Assault Cannon. For grenades, the Heavy Weapons Guy is equipped with two powerful grenade types, the Hand Grenade and MIRV Grenade. However, he is the slowest class in the game. This makes him a great defensive class as he can take many hits before dying and has enough firepower to quickly inflict significant damage. Players need to be careful with their ammo, though. The Heavy Weapons Guy only uses Shells as ammunition and the Assault Cannon uses them all up in 20 seconds.
- It is much easier to play offensively if you have a Medic, an Engineer or both with you, otherwise staying on defense might be a better choice, as offensive HWguys are frequently looked down on and the power of the other team's defense will have you dead in no time.
- Remain in closed or partially-open areas, as Snipers will find you an exceptionally easy target due to your very slow movement speed and size.
- Use your size to block doorways and other passages.
- Improve your longevity by partnering with Medics and Engineers.
- Keep your Assault Cannon spinning if you aren't moving.
Class Skill: Uses Assault Cannon.
Abilities: Cannot be pushed by explosions.
|Notes / Special Abilities|
|Single-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||8||200||4-24||Fires six pellets.|
|Double-Barrel Shotgun||Shells||16||200||4-56||Fires fourteen pellets.|
|Damage Range||Notes / Special Abilities|
|Hand Grenade||4||145-50||Deals massive damage on a four second fuse.|
|MIRV Grenade||2||145-50 per explosion (depending on radius)||Grenade splits into several miniature bombs upon detonation. These bombs detonate after a few seconds.|
- Fixed Heavy Weapons Guys not being able to drop their cells.
- The Heavy Duty Rag from Team Fortress 2 resembles the "do-rag" worn by the new Heavy model.
- Heavy in Team Fortress 2.