The Hero's Hachimaki is a promotional cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is a team-colored blindfold, featuring a white circle and star design in the center. It is worn over the Soldier's eyes, a design styled after promotional art for the game Homefront.
This item was awarded in Genuine quality to players who pre-purchased Homefront on Steam before March 15, 2011. As of May 10, 2011 Patch, the item was made craftable (however, this was not officially noted until the May 12, 2011 Patch).
- The Hero's Hachimaki was added to the game.
- Updated the Hero's Hachimaki to be tradeable.
- Updated the Hero's Hachimaki to be craftable.
- Updated he Hero's Hachimaki so it can be paintable.
- [Undocumented] Updated the equip region for the Hero's Hachimaki.
- A hachimaki (鉢巻, lit. "helmet-scarf") is a stylized headband in Japanese culture, usually made of red or white cloth. It was worn as a symbol of perseverance or effort by the wearer. Japanese kamikaze pilots in World War II would often wear hachimakis before flying to their deaths.
- The design features the red communist star from the flag of North Korea. North and South Korea form the main antagonist in Homefront.
- As a result, this item is prohibited in South Korea, along with Homefront itself.
- Along with a few other games, Homefront was not available for pre-order in the United Kingdom, making this item unobtainable in Genuine quality in that region.