The Janissary Ketche is a promotional headwear item for the Spy. It is a Janissary hat with a golden spoon on the front featuring a Team Fortress 2 logo design, and a golden band that is wrapped around the team-colored sock of the hat.
- The Janissary Ketche was added to the game.
May 3, 2011 [Item schema update]
- This hat was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] This hat was made craftable, tradable, and could be found in drops.
- [Undocumented] This hat was added to the list of hats that can be unusual.
- Janissary hats have a place on the front called "kaşıklık", onto which a spoon is fastened. The spoon symbolizes the "kaşık kardeşliği" (brotherhood of the spoon); to create a sense of comradeship between Janissaries who eat, sleep, and die together.
- Janissaries, meaning "New Soldier", were the bodyguard and household troops of the Ottoman Sultan from 1383 to 1821, and were abolished during the Ottoman Modernization efforts, in favor of the Nizam-i-Cedit.
- The Ottoman Sultans were overlords of the Crimean Khanate from 1478 to 1774, during which Mount & Blade With Fire & Sword takes place.