List of references
- Scout-specific references
- Soldier-specific references
- Pyro-specific references
- Demoman-specific references
- Heavy-specific references
- Engineer-specific references
- Medic-specific references
- Sniper-specific references
- Spy-specific references
Have 2 BEST FRIENDS at the same time.
- Best Friends Forever, often shortened to BFF, is a somewhat outdated term for a close friendship used by younger teenagers.
| Grey Matter|
Get 25 Headshots as a Sniper.
- Grey matter is a major component of the central nervous system. The highest concentration of grey matter is found in the brain.
| Mass Hysteria|
Have 6 teammates using Pyrovision at the same time.
- Mass hysteria is the spontaneous manifestation of similar hysterical symptoms by more than one person.
Kill an enemy within 5 seconds of you traveling through an Engineer's teleporter.
- In science fiction, teleportation devices are often stated to use technology which creates a rift in space, allowing a person to travel through it and out the other end while virtually no time passes in between, hence the name 'Riftwalker.'
| The Great Deflate|
Kill 79 enemies who have the Balloonicorn pets.
- The Great Debate was a debate between two influential astronomers which took place in 1920, and concerned the nature of spiral nebulae and the size of the universe.
| Escape Ferocity|
Kill an enemy who has damaged the Australium carrier in the last 3 seconds.
- Escape velocity is the speed needed to "break free" from a gravitational field without further propulsion.
Push a player into the rocket's exhaust path at the end of the round.
- "Liftoff" referes to the moment at which a vehicle such as an aeroplane, helicopter, or more appropriately, a rocket, leaves the ground.
- Someone who is said to have been "offed" has been murdered.
| Plan Nine to Outer Space|
Launch the rocket as all 9 classes.
- Plan Nine from Outer Space is a 1959 sci-fi film notorious for its poor quality.
| Rocket Booster|
Win a round after the enemy team has opened the rocket lid.
- A rocket booster is a component inside the engine of a rocket which provides additional thrust on takeoff, and is usually jettisoned when no longer required.
| The Fight Stuff|
Win 138 Rounds.
- The Right Stuff is a 1979 book about the U.S. manned space program. It was adapted into a film in 1983.
Win a round with at least 5 teammates on the elevator.
- The apogee is the point where a satellite is the farthest away from earth. For example, the moon's apogee is 405,000 km away from earth.
| Space Camp|
Kill an enemy within the broken crate area while they attempt to pick up the neutral Australium.
- A Space Camp is a summer camp designed to teach young people about various aspects of astronomy and space exploration.
| Flight Crew|
Play in a game with 5 or more players from your Friends list.
- The flight crew are the personnel who operate an aircraft while in flight.
| Mission Control|
Pick up the Australium from its home position and capture it without dropping it.
- As they are so complex, all aerospace flights require a mission control center from where support personnel monitor all aspects of the mission.
| Real Steal|
Win a round in which the enemy team has attempted to capture your final control point.
- Real Steel is a 2011 science-fiction sports film, set in a future where human boxers have been replaced by robots.
| Terminated, Too|
Kill a player by pushing them into the cauldron fire.
| Claim Jumper|
Capture a control point within 12 seconds after exiting a teleporter.
- A "claim jumper" is someone who illegally occupies or profits from a property to which another has a legal claim.
| The Crucible|
Win 137 Rounds.
- In any year of the World Snooker Championship, held in the Crucible Theater in Sheffield, England, the winner (or the runner-up) can play a cumulative total of no more than 137 frames over all five rounds.
| Raze the Roof|
Kill two people on the roof of the center control point in a single life.
- "Raise the roof" is a dancing motion whereby the dancer pushes both hands up in the air with their palms open and facing upwards.
- To "raze" a building is to demolish it.
- "Graze the Roof" is the song playing in the Roof Stage of Plants vs Zombies.
| Dead Heat|
Play through a back-and-forth battle for 15 control point captures.
- A "dead heat" in a sporting event describes a situation in which both teams are so evenly matched that neither can achieve a decisive victory.
| Foundry Force Five|
Play in a game with five or more players from your Friends list.
- Family Force 5 is a Christian crunk rock band from Georgia, USA.
| Two Minute Warring|
Be part of a team that wins within two minutes.
- In the National Football League, a "two-minute warning" is given when two minutes of game time remain on the game clock during each half of the game.
| Attack o' Lantern|
Cause the deaths of 5 players by exploding nearby pumpkin bombs.
- A jack-o'-lantern is a hollowed-out pumpkin with a face carved in its front and a light source placed inside.
| Candy Coroner|
Collect 20 Halloween pumpkins from dead players to unlock a hat.
- A coroner is a government official who examines autopsy reports and rules on cause of death.
- Candy corn is a type of candy often given out during Halloween.
| Costume Contest|
Kill a Spy disguised as your current class.
- A costume contest is a competition in which participants try to determine who has the best Halloween costume.
| Optical Defusion|
- An optical illusion is an image designed to trick observers into thinking it portrays something impossible.
| Sackston Hale|
Craft the Saxton Hale Mask.
| Scared Stiff|
Kill a player scared by a ghost.
- For someone to be "scared stiff" he/she must be so afraid of something he/she is unable to move. However, the term stiff may also refer to a human corpse; so, killing a scared player results in a' Scared Stiff.
| Sleepy Holl0WND|
Kill the Horseless Headless Horsemann.
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is a short story by Washington Irving in which a young schoolteacher named Ichabod Crane is pursued by a ghost known as the Headless Horseman on an autumn night.
- "0wnd" is an Internet slang term used to refer to someone who has been defeated in a game.
Destroy the tank during the final seconds of the bomb being deployed.
- WALL-E is a 2008 animated sci-fi/romance film about robots.
- A "ballsy" person is one who is tough or courageous.
| Brotherhood of Steel|
Complete a mission with 5 people on your Friends List.
| Chippin' In|
As a team, pit 10 guys in a single wave in Mannhattan.
- Chippin' In means throwing in or contributing to a collective or team effort. Chippin' In also means knocking something into a hole. Additionally, the pit on this map is Captain Dan's wood chipper.
| Ctrl + Assault + Delete|
Destroy a sentry buster before it reaches its target.
- Control-Alt-Delete is a keyboard command used to bring up the task manager in Windows, or otherwise used to restart a PC computer. This particular combination of keys is chosen due to generally being the least susceptible to ghosting.
| Deus Ex Machina|
Defeat a wave in an advanced difficulty mission without dying once.
- A deus ex machina, literally "god out of the machine", is a plot device that suddenly and abruptly solves a story's seemingly unsolvable problem.
| Do Androids Dream?|
As a Scout, use the Sandman to mark 15 robots for death in a single wave.
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a 1968 science-fiction novel about a bounty hunter who is charged with "retiring" escaped androids.
| Engine Block|
Prevent the bomb from ever reaching an alarm zone during the final wave of an advanced difficulty mission.
- An engine block is a metal block that contains an internal combustion engine's cylinders.
In a single wave, kill 15 bomb-carrying robots in a row before they level up.
- .exe is the filename extension Windows and MS-DOS use for a program (an executable file).
| Fast Cache|
Pick up a credit pile that is about to expire.
- In computing, a cache is a temporary place to store information, to make retrieving the same information later faster.
- The term "fast cash" refers to a quick way to make money.
| Frags to Riches|
Earn all credit bonuses in an advanced difficulty mission.
- To say someone has gone from "rags to riches" means he/she has come from a state of poverty to a state of wealth, usually in a relatively short time.
- In online games, the term "frag" is synonymous with "kill".
| German Engineering|
Use a canteen charged with 'ÜberCharge' to destroy 15 robots.
- "German engineering" is a buzzword used in recent Volkswagen advertisements.
| Ghost in the Machine|
Use a canteen charged with 'Teleport to Spawn' and then kill the bomb carrier within 5 seconds.
- Ghost in the Machine is a 1993 film about a serial killer whose mind is transferred to a computer and goes on a murder spree.
| Hack of All Trades|
Play an entire mission as a single class, and do this for every class.
- A "jack of all trades" is a person who is competent with many skills.
| Hard Reset|
As a Pyro, reset the bomb 3 times in a single wave.
- A hard reset is a forced shutdown and reboot to a system by hardware means, usually done by pressing a reset button.
| Heavy Mettle|
During a wave, use rage as a Heavy to push a robot about to deliver the bomb.
- "Heavy metal" is a term that commonly refers to a metallic element that is toxic and typically has a high density.
| Kritical Terror|
Use a canteen charged with 'Crit Boost' to destroy a giant robot.
- A critical error is an error that is serious enough to make the program or operating system cease to run properly, causing the computer to freeze or restart.
| Negative Charge|
Kill 5 Medics that are ready to deploy an ÜberCharge in a wave.
- A particle with a negative charge has an abundance of electrons in its outer atomic shell.
| Now Legal To Eat|
Ooohh Ooh Ahh Ahhhh! ...in Mannhattan
- This achievement is associated with Captain Dan's wood chipper -- the sign above the chipper states that the company’s wood pulp is “Now legal to eat”. Microcrystalline cellulose is a term for refined wood pulp, which is used as a thickener in soup and as an excipient in other food products. With proper labeling, wood pulp is legal to eat.
- Ooohh Ooh Ahh Ahhhh! is a stereotypical vocalization made by banana-littering giant gorillas, such as those that have famously run loose in Mannhattan.
Kill a tank before it crashes through the barrier in Rottenburg.
- A palisade is a defensive fence or wall made by setting wooden stakes, posts, or trunks in the ground. This is a classically expedient and less than permanent construction; but building one could aide in the defense of a stone palace, a relatively permanent installation.
| Raid Array|
Complete the Crash Course, Doe's Drill, and Mann-euvers missions.
- RAID is a storage technology that spreads storage across multiple disk drives for performance or security.
| Real Steal|
As an Engineer, escape with your sentry as a sentry buster is about to detonate.
- Real Steel is a 2011 science-fiction sports film, set in a future where human boxers have been replaced by robots.
| Silicon Slaughter|
Destroy 100,000 robots.
- Silicon is a chemical element commonly used in the manufacture of electronic devices.
| Sly Voltage|
As a Spy, sap 10 robots at once.
- "High voltage" refers to voltage in circuits that poses safety issues.
| Spam Blocker|
During a wave, defend the hatch 10 times from robots about to deliver a bomb.
- Spam is a common term for junk mail. Spam blockers are programs that filter spam out of one's inbox.
| Spark Plugger|
As a Sniper, kill 4 enemies simultaneously.
- A spark plug is a device that delivers electric current to a car's engine in order to ignite it.
| Steel Fragnolias|
Complete all waves successfully in a mission.
Reward: Power Up Canteen
- Steel Magnolias is a 1989 comedy film about a group of women described as delicate as magnolias, but tough as steel.
- In online games, the term "frag" is synonymous with "kill".
Collect 1,000,000 credits in your career.
- The T-1000000 is from the Universal Studios park attraction T2 3-D: Battle Across Time and is a metal spider-like version of the T-1000 from Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
Buff 4 or more teammates as a Soldier at the same time in a single wave.
- A Turbocharger is a device which delivers compressed air to an engine to allow more power to be produced.
During a wave, use a canteen charged with 'Instant Building Upgrade' to build a new sentry gun within 3 seconds of your previous sentry gun's destruction.
- To undelete a computer file is to undo a delete of the file.
| Vial Sharing|
As a Medic, share your canteen 5 times in a single wave.
- File sharing is a method of transferring data over the Internet. It is often misused for illegal purposes.
| Wage Against the Machine|
Earn a credit bonus at the end of a wave.
- Rage Against the Machine is a rock band from Los Angeles, California, USA.
| Conscientious Objector|
We gave peace a chance. It didn't work. Custom decals can be applied to this item.
- A conscientious objector is someone who refuses military service for ideological reasons.
| Frying Pan|
- The Frying Pan is a melee weapon used by the survivors in Left 4 Dead 2.
Winner: [Category] [Year] Imbued with an ancient power.
- The Annual Saxxy Award is a reference to the annual Academy Award, having similar prize statuettes and opening songs.
| Alien Swarm Parasite|
This cute little guy was once the scourge of humanity in another time and place. Now he's content to ride on your head and keep the sun off.
- This is a stylized version of an enemy parasite from Alien Swarm.
| Aperture Labs Hard Hat|
Produce-powered personal illumination and cranial safety apparatus. NOT FOR USE OUTSIDE OFFICIAL APERTURE FACILITIES.
- This cosmetic is a reference to the "Potato Clock" or "Potato Battery", a popular science fair project where a potato is used to power a clock or other electronic appliance and a running joke in Portal 2.
| Athletic Supporter|
[Insert Favorite Regional Team Here]
- The Athletic Supporter sports the Monday Night Combat logo on the front.
- "Athletic supporter" is an alternate name for a jockstrap.
Be the Big Man of Christmas with this fur-fringed pom-pom hat!
- The "Big Man of Christmas" is Santa Claus; the abbreviation is a play on the term "Big Man on Campus", a highly respected individual on a college campus.
| Bill's Hat|
Left 4 You.
- This is the beret worn by Vietnam war veteran Bill in Left 4 Dead.
"If ye gaze upon one tome-themed badge this year, MAKE IT NOT THIS ONE!" - Merasmus the Magician
- The name "Bombinomicon", a portmanteau of Bomb and Necronomicon, is a reference to the fictional grimoire from the The Evil Dead films which also had a face, was bound in flesh, and inked in blood. The name of the book from the film series was taken, as a tip of the hat, from the works of H. P. Lovecraft, which feature a grimoire of the same name.
| Company Man|
- The logo of Sarif Industries from the Deus Ex series is printed on the front of the cap.
| Dr. Whoa|
- The item is a reference to the Eleventh Doctor from the television series Doctor Who, who wears a similar bow tie.
If you are visited by one piece of spectral headwear this night, make it the Ghost of Christmas Hats, donated in true Smissmass spirit by Steam User Jacen.
- The Ebenezer's name, as well as its description, is a reference to Charles Dickens' novel A Christmas Carol. The description references the three spirits of Christmas Past, Present and Future that visit Ebenezer Scrooge, the main character, during the course of the story.
| Ellis' Cap|
- Ellis wears this cap in Left 4 Dead 2.
Show enthusiasm! For your favorite things!
- The item's name and description are a reference to the film Office Space, in which employees of the restaurant Chotchkie's were required to wear at least "fifteen pieces of flair" (wacky buttons and decals) on their uniforms to demonstrate their enthusiasm.
| Full Head of Steam|
You never took a break from cp_foundry, and now you can prove it with the actual steam whistle used to call the breaks you never took!
- A "Full Head of Steam" refers to a steam boiler (especially a locomotive’s) that is "all fired up", "raring to go", and operating at full pressure (also called full head). Wearing a hat with a steam whistle suggests a "Head Full of Steam".
- The idiom "full steam ahead" describes a task done with as much enthusiasm as possible, or to go as straight forward as humanly possible.
| Hat of Undeniable Wealth And Respect|
Earned by completing 28 objectives in 'The Great Steam Treasure Hunt.' Beware the Cephalopod padlock.
- The hat is level 28, the same number of objectives required to be completed in The Great Steam Treasure Hunt to earn it.
| Human Cannonball|
Ask any daredevil what they strap onto their heads before getting shot out of a cannon and the answer will be the same: a glassy, unfocused stare from years of head trauma. Head trauma that could have been prevented with this sharp-looking crash helmet.
- The human cannonball is a popular circus stunt in which a person is launched from a cannon.
| Lo-Fi Longwave|
Can't stop the signal.
- This hardhat sports the KritzKast logo on the front.
- The description is a tagline for pirate radio.
| Map Maker's Medallion|
- The hammer symbol on this medal is a reference to Valve's map editor, Hammer.
- The item is referred to as a "Func_Medal", a reference to the various func-prefixed entities available for use with the Hammer editor.
Everyone knows laughter is the best medicine. But did you know that laughter is also the best disguise? No? Well, good thing you're not a cop infiltrating the Chinese mafia, then. Oh wait you are. AND NOW YOU'RE DEAD. Look, rookie, these glasses are actually hilarious.
- The item is designed to resemble the popular novelty item Groucho glasses, which are based on the comedian Groucho Marx.
- The name is a play on the term "marksman", referring to a person who can shoot well.
| Max's Severed Head|
Expertly crafted headwear from cruelty-free farms in the Philippines. Hollowed-out skull casing wicks moisture away when in the heat of battle.
- This hat is made from the head of Max from Sam & Max. The description is a reference to the first Sam & Max comic, Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple, which took place in the Philippines.
Congratulations on doing more yesterday to support the TF2 map-making community through map stamps than anyone else! Wear this with pride before it changes hands tomorrow!
- Philately is the collection and study of postage and imprinted stamps.
| Point and Shoot|
The next time someone accuses you of not being a real wizard because you refuse to (read: can’t) do spells, poke them in the eye with this magically blinding pointy hat and run.
- Amadeus, a wizard in Trine 2, wears a hat similar to this. The description references the fact that Amadeus is incapable of conjuring a fireball, a recurring joke in the Trine series.
| Proof of Purchase|
From another era.
- The description references this hat's origins; it is visible on the Human Commando player model from the early "Invasion" version of Team Fortress 2, as well as the files that were leaked in 2003 with Half-Life 2's source code.
| Resurrection Associate Pin|
- The item is level 13, the same number of games required to be played in the Potato Sack pack to earn it.
| Spine-Chilling Skull|
Express your undying hatred for the living.
- This hat is level 31, referring to Halloween on the 31st of October.
| Spiral Sallet|
Little known fact: knights in chess travel over other pieces by rocket jumping.
- The Spiral Sallet is named after the eponymous hat from Spiral Knights, though it bears more resemblance to the Mighty Cobalt Helm
| Spirit Of Giving|
The more gifts you give away, the bigger your heart will get! Get what gift-givers call "the Smissmas spirit," and what cardiologists call hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- The item is a reference to the classic Dr. Seuss story How the Grinch Stole Christmas! whose title character is born with a heart two sizes two small but when he gives Christmas presents to the Whos of Whoville, his heart grows three sizes.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is the medical term for thickening and growth of the heart.
| Teufort Tooth Kicker|
These steel-toed dogs were scientifically engineered (in a wind tunnel) by America's foremost authorities on mouth-kicking to perfectly fit the inside of an idiot's mouth.
| Top Notch|
Welcome to a secret society so exclusive it makes the Illuminati look like a Costco. How exclusive? You are the only member. This is the only item of its kind in all of existence. So don't craft it, Miney.
- The hat adopts the likeness of Markus "Notch" Persson's personal avatar, a drawing of himself in the artistic style of Minecraft, on which he was the lead developer until the game's official release.
- Something which is described as being "top notch" is first rate, or excellent.
| Towering Pillar of Hats|
A-ha-ha! You are as PRESUMPTUOUS as you are POOR and IRISH. Tarnish notte the majesty of my TOWER of HATS.
- This hat and its description are references to the hidden Gentle Manne of Leisure page on the Classless Update.
| Voodoo Juju|
Only the finest leather hats come with tattoos and piercings.
- The Voodoo Juju is level 31, referring to Halloween on the 31st of October.
| World Traveler's Hat|
Given to generous souls who have donated to community map makers. The effect will only be visible while on a map that has been donated towards!
- Should a player contribute enough to obtain 200 stamps for their World Traveler's Hat, its rank will change to "Unobtainium", a reference to a recurring alloy in science fiction and speculative science.
Some bots which have names that reference other games include:
- Aperture Science Prototype XR7 – Aperture Science Laboratories is the main setting for Portal.
- Black Mesa – The main setting of Half-Life.
- Boomer Bile – A substance produced by Boomers in the Left 4 Dead series.
- CEDA –- The Civil Emergency and Defense Agency in the Left 4 Dead series is responsible for control of the Infection.
- Chell – The name of the protagonist of Portal.
- Companion Cube – An object in Portal used to solve Test Chamber 17.
- Crowbar – Gordon Freeman's melee weapon of choice in the Half-Life series.
- Delicious Cake – The "reward" of subsequent testing in Portal.
- Dog – The name of Alyx Vance's pet robot from Half-Life 2.
- GLaDOS – The main antagonist of Portal.
- Hostage – A hapless citizen held up by the Terrorist team in Counter-Strike.
- IvanTheSpaceBiker – A nickname given to the original model of Gordon Freeman in Half-Life.
- One-Man Cheeseburger Apocalypse – A reference to a quote from Coach in Left 4 Dead 2.
- Still Alive – The name of the song played during the end credits in Portal.
- TAAAAANK! – A warning shouted by the Survivors in the Left 4 Dead series when a Tank is spotted.
- The Combine – The primary antagonists of Half-Life 2 and its episodic sequels.
- The Freeman – The nickname Gordon Freeman is given by the Vortigaunts of Half-Life 2.
- The G-Man – A mysterious recurring character in the Half-Life series.
- WITCH – One of the Special Infected types in the Left 4 Dead series.
- ZAWMBEEZ – Pronunciation for "zombies", the primary enemies in the Left 4 Dead series.
Responses and sounds
One of the stock death responses used in Trailer 2 is the infamous Wilhelm Scream, a well known movie sound effect. This was also the death scream used for the Civilian class, when it was originally accessible via console commands.
- This line from the Administrator is a reference to the Mortal Kombat announcer's famous "Flawless Victory!" line.
- The Ferguson system is a real brand of tractors established in 1934.
- Badwater Basin is a real place located in Death Valley National Park, California.
- Team Fortress 2 carries a heavy retro 1960's style, drawing heavy thematic and musical inspiration from famous spy films and series such as James Bond, Get Smart and The Avengers.
- Team Fortress 2 is referenced in the Robot Chicken episode "Choked on Multi-Colored Scarves", which features a sketch in which Robot Chicken's Nerd is depicted as a class.
References in other games
Due to its high popularity, references of Team Fortress 2 can be found in other games as well.
- Battlefield 3 has a multiplayer assignment called "A Good Demo Man".
- Bloons Tower Defense 5 has several references to TF2, two of which are one of the Soldier's taunts as an icon and a Monkey Engineer which creates Sentry guns.
- Champions Online has an arcade game called "Team Buttress 2" which advertises that now comes with "TWO FORTS!", a reference to 2Fort.
- Duke Nukem Forever's DLC, called "Hail to the Icons Parody Pack", contains multiplayer map 2Forts1Bridge, a reference to 2Fort, and allows players to wear hats.
- An advertisement of this map says Hats? Duke loves hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll take down all comers, which may be a reference to the Trailer 2 video.
- Dungeon Defenders has four Steam Exclusive playable "familiars": the Heavy, the Engineer, the Medic, and the Pyro.
- Fallout: New Vegas has many hackable computers containing information, one specifically referring to a RED Spy infiltrating the BLU's base.
- Killing Floor features the Pyro as a playable character for players who own Team Fortress 2.
- Left 4 Dead has a cereal box in the first level of No Mercy that offers Team Fortress 2 toys, which can be seen in the first building the survivors venture through. Oddly enough, the box reads "10 to collect" despite there being only 9 classes, possibly referencing the tenth class.
- Left 4 Dead 2 has a voice clip of Ellis in which he remarks "This is just like Team Fortress 2".
- Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond contains a level which references TF2. You start in a supply room and have to fight through a western area full of enemies based on various TF2 classes. The level even includes the Meet the Spy announcement room.
- Minecraft took a jab at the Mann Co. Store for April Fools Day 2011 with in-game "Steve Co. Supply Crates" which can only be unlocked with "Steve Co. Supply Crate Keys" bought from a (fake) micro-transaction service which is presented with the Team Fortress 2 font.
- There is also a splash that reads "The creeper is a spy!," referencing the voice clip of the same likeness spoken by all classes.
- Monday Night Combat contains a variety of items that relate to Team Fortress 2, like the Demoman's hat and eyepatch and the Heavy's bandolier.
- Poker Night At The Inventory features the Heavy as an opponent, along with many references to Team Fortress 2 made in conversations with other characters.
- Portal 2 features hats from Team Fortress 2 that can be used in the Co-op campaign if you own them in Team Fortress 2.
- Roblox features a "gear" that bears a striking resemblance to the Demoman's Secondary weapon the Stickybomb Launcher.
- Sam & Max Season 3 Episode 4 Beyond the Alley of the Dolls has a cameo appearance of a level 1 BLU Dispenser, referred as a "curious dispenser".
- Section 8's add-on content 'Prejudice' has an achievement named 'Use More Gun', which is a quote of the Engineer in his Meet the Team video.
- StarCraft II contains an achievement called "Meet the Spy", an obvious reference to the official Meet the Spy video.
- Also, the achievement "Professionals have standards", which involves the "snipe" ability, is an obvious reference to Meet the Sniper.
- Super Monday Night Combat has TF2 items just like its predecessor. Specifically, reaching level 10 unlocks an Engineer uniform for Combat Girl, and reaching level 15 unlocks a Soldier uniform and rocket launcher skin for MegaBeth.
- Surgeon Simulator 2013 has an achievement named "Don't Be Such A Baby, Ribs Grow Back!" which is earned after completely smashing the patient's rib cage. This is a reference to Meet the Medic where the Medic speaks the same line. The icon for this achievement is also a picture of the Medic.
- There is also a level where you play as the Medic and must perform an "Uber Heart Transplant" on the Heavy, very similar to Meet the Medic.
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm features a quest involving a large goblin pushing a cart down a track and at some point will say "We must push little cart!", a reference to the Heavy's voice clip.
- Worms: Reloaded contains customizable headgear which can make Worms look like TF2 classes, with forts that contain key features from many TF2 maps.