From Team Fortress Wiki
(Redirected from Lo-Fi)
- The hat was first awarded in Vintage quality to a limited but unspecified number of players for being a member of the KritzKast Steam Group prior to 7pm (GMT+1) June 12th 2011, 1 hour before the live recording of podcast episode #121. Before a hat was awarded, the members had to obtain a passing score on the KritzKast quiz. Players who did not win on the quiz were allowed to retake it as often as they wished so long as they left four hours between attempts. Those who were not part of the KritzKast steam group before the deadline received a message from Saxton Hale stating they were "manly enough not to receive" the "girly" hat.
- The 30 winners of the Lo-Fi Longwave Owners Group "Meet the Robin" event were also awarded Vintage hats. Those who were already in possession of Vintage were awarded a Unique version of the hat instead.
- Players were able to submit questions before August 31, 2011 for a KritzKast interview with the creator of NerfNow. The questions used in the interview had the player quoted and granted a Vintage Lo-Fi Longwave.
- Since episode #129 a Vintage hat has been given to each "Player of the Week", assuming they did not already have one. This policy has been retroactively enforced.
- As part of the celebrations for episode #200, a total of 600 Unique Lo-Fi Longwaves were given out via the KritzKast Facebook page, Twitter, and Steam group.
- Players were able to submit questions before January 14, 2013 for a KritzKast interview with the creator of Backpack.tf, Brad Pitt. The 23 players whose questions were picked from the more than 6,000 submissions all received a Vintage Lo-Fi Longwave, a special badge on their backpack.tf profile, and had their question used in the interview with Brad Pitt.
- Players were able to submit questions for a KritzKast interview with co-creator of Scrap.tf, Geel9, until May 12, 2013. Users whose questions were picked for interview received a Vintage Lo-Fi Longwave. In addition to this, 100 random participants in voting on questions received a unique version of the hat.
Main article: Paint Can
Mouseover cells to preview the images on a dark background.
- [Undocumented] The Lo-Fi Longwave was added to the game.
- Updated the Lo-Fi Longwave to be paintable.
- Fixed the Lo-Fi Longwave not being able to be used in the Rebuild Headgear recipe.
- Lo-Fi, or low fidelity, is a term which describes an audio recording with technical flaws, such as distortion, hum, or background noise.
- In radio terminology, longwave refers to parts of radio spectrum with relatively long wavelengths.
- The hat's description is a tagline for pirate radio.
- This was originally from the movie Serenity.
- According to KritzKast episode 121, the radio tower was mounted directly to the classes' heads during the hat's development. It was modified by Valve to use the same hardhat as the Aperture Labs Hard Hat.
- KritzKast episode 122 elaborated to say that the radio tower was mounted into the classes' heads with concrete blocks.
Concept sketch by Ruskeydoo posted on the Kritzkast forums.
- NerfNow Interview announcement and submission form
- KritzKast Episode #200
- Backpack.tf creator Interview announcement and submission form
- Brad Pitt Interview