The Lucky Shot is a community-created cosmetic item for the Soldier. It is the Soldier's default helmet, cracked from the impact of an unexploded mortar bomb with a yellow or orange stripe, depending on the team, embedded in the top.
The Lucky Shot was contributed to the game via the Steam Workshop.
- The Lucky Shot was added to the game.
- The Lucky Shot is no longer paintable.
- The Lucky Shot now hides the Soldier's default helmet.
- Fixed the Lucky Shot not hiding the base Soldier helmet
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Lucky Shot in the Mann Co. Store.
- Updated the Lucky Shot's equip region.
- Updated the equip region for the Lucky Shot.
- The band of color on the side of the mortar was originally either red or blue, depending on the enemy team. This was changed to the 'cream' color of the enemy team before the item was added into the game.
- The issue was fixed in an item schema update on January 13, 2012 (OPTF2 Schema Tracker, 2012-01-13 19:17:12 UTC).