This weapon functions in exactly the same way as the Pistol.
The Lugermorph was first given in the Vintage item quality to players who pre-ordered Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse or who bought it up to a week after release. Later, it was made available through defeating Max in a knockout round of Poker Night at the Inventory in the Unique item quality.
The kill icon for the Lugermorph was contributed by NeoDement.
Damage and function times
|Damage and function times|
|Attack interval||0.17 s|
|Reload||Engineer: 1.36 s
Scout: 1.25 s
|Spread recovery||1.25 s|
|Values are approximate and determined by community testing.|
| Special Item: Max|
Knock out Max after he's bought in with his special item.
- The Lugermorph was added to the game.
- This weapon became equipable by the Engineer.
- [Undocumented] This weapon received its own kill icon.
- Fixed some viewmodel bugs.
- [Undocumented] Versions of this weapon obtained by preordering The Devil's Playhouse were changed to Vintage, distinguishing them from versions acquired through Poker Night at the Inventory.
- [Undocumented] Turned quality of some Vintage Lugermorphs to unique.
- When "Details" is selected for a Lugermorph obtained from Poker Night at The Inventory, the Mann Co. Catalog will jump to the first item, the Kritzkrieg, likely due to its separate internal item ID from the original.
- The name "Lugermorph" is a portmanteau of "Luger P08", a German sidearm that the Lugermorph's model is based on, and "lagomorph", the taxonomic order that Max claims to be part of.
- The weapon's in-game description alludes to a running joke in the Sam & Max series, which references how no one knows where Max keeps items in his inventory.
- The Lugermorph released with Poker Night at the Inventory uses a separate internal item ID from the Lugermorph originally released in The Devil's Playhouse promotion; this technically makes it a different item, though the only difference is that the Poker Night Lugermorph cannot be traded, and does not have the vintage tag.
RED Engineer first-person view with the Gunslinger equipped
- TF2 Official Blog: "It is a good day to be giant man"
- Sam & Max Wiki - Max's Gun
- Poker Night At The Inventory