Mann Co. Store
The Mann Co. Store is an in-game micropayment service included in the Mann-Conomy Update. The store allows players to purchase in-game items such as cosmetics, weapons, and action items using money stored in their Steam Wallet. Creators of community-contributed items receive a percentage of sales for anything they've created. Aside from the main in-game interface, purchases can be made through the official Online Store, on the official blog, or on each item's page on this Wiki.
Items bought from the Mann Co. Store can be traded, but not immediately; previously, items purchased from the Mann Co. Store were unable to be traded. After the Hatless Update, tools and action items (excluding Pile O' Gifts and the Secret Saxton) bought from the Mann Co. Store were given a 2-day waiting period before becoming tradable. Following the Manniversary Update & Sale, untradable weapons, and cosmetic items that were previously purchased from the store can be now traded, and newly purchased items can be immediately traded as long as the purchaser made his first purchase more than 30 days earlier.
Weapons bought from the Mann Co. Store can't be used in crafting, while cosmetics can. Following the November 29, 2012 Patch items bought from that date can be used in crafting, while previously purchased ones can't.
- 1 Pricing
- 2 Purchasable items
- 3 Previously purchasable items
- 4 Non-purchasable items
- 5 Weapon testing
- 6 Events-specific pages
- 7 Promotional Mann Co. Caps
- 8 Mann Co. Store Package
- 9 Update history
- 10 Bugs
- 11 Additional notes
- 12 Demonstration of purchasing
- 13 References
- 14 Gallery
- 15 See also
Prices vary greatly, with newer and rarer items priced higher than older and more common ones. As a rule of thumb, rare items cost ten or more dollars while common items -cosmetic items excluded- cost less than five. These prices preserve the values of crafted or dropped items. On occasion, the store will have sales on cosmetics and weapons.
Previously purchasable items
Weapons can be tested by selecting the desired weapon in the Store, and clicking the "Try it out!" button at the bottom-left corner. However, cosmetics, tools, action items, and items labelled as "New" cannot be tested. This will give the player the selected weapon for one week, during which the weapon cannot be crafted or traded. After the week is done an alert will appear notifying that the test period is over, and the item will be removed from the player's backpack. Afterwards they will be able to test out another weapon, or even the very same weapon if they want. This process can be repeated an infinite amount of times without any adverse effects. As an added bonus, during the testing period the player can buy the item for a 25% discount off of the regular price.
Deleting the test item from your inventory will not result in the trial period being terminated. You will still have to wait the same amount of time to try out a new item, and you will not get the same item back.
During some events, special pages will show up in the store for a limited time.
Promotional Mann Co. Caps
The first purchase made in the in-game Mann Co. Store will grant the player a Mann Co. Cap, an all class baseball cap with the Mann Co. symbol on the front. Though Valve has claimed that there is only a limited amount of time before this cap will be unavailable, the cap has been available since the release of the Mann-Conomy Update on September 30, 2010 and has been since a promo for any player to purchases their first item or items.
The first purchase made outside the game through the Online Store, or the web interface as well, will grant the player a Mann Co. Online Cap, an all class baseball hat with a darker color scheme and a white Mann Co. symbol on the front.
Mann Co. Store Package
For every $19.99/£15/€15/600 rub spent at a time in the store (before tax is applied), players will receive a Mann Co. Store Package which can be unwrapped to obtained a free item. This is taken from a standard random drop. Cosmetics and other rarer items generate with the same chances as the Secret Saxton gift.
- The information and preview for the Über Update Bundle claims that there are items for 7 classes inside; however, the Detonator is overlooked.
- If a bundle contains two hats for one class, such as the World War Wednesday Bundle or Manno-Technology Bundle, the preview will show both items being worn at once.
- Some items are erroneously categorized, such as a number of items being listed as hats, despite similar items being listed as miscellaneous items.
- In an online interview, lead designer Robin Walker explained that nearly everything purchasable at the Mann Co. Store is also available to find via drops or crafting. "Our main goal to make sure that all gameplay affecting items are findable, so that no-one can buy an in-game advantage over someone who’s choosing to find their items." 
- Items that are bought or given as a bonus from the store will be tagged as purchased (cannot be crafted) or promotional (cannot be traded).
- Visiting the Mann Co. Store will also add any outstanding items to the player and it will resolve issues with items in invalid positions in the player's backpack.
- Until the May 3, 2012 Patch and the introduction of the Mann Co. Store Package, items received from a $20 purchase were uncraftable.
- Items that were received from spending more than $20 at the Mann Co. Store, whilst untradable themselves, could originally be crafted with other items into metal to make items which were tradable. This was removed in a subsequent patch.
- Before buying cosmetic items from the Mann Co. Store, buyers can preview painted variants and styles of items they are interested in buying.