|Pickup Type:||Building & Ammo|
Metal is a resource unique to the Engineer and is used in the construction, upgrade, repair of buildings, and as ammunition for the Widowmaker and Short Circuit. The Engineer spawns with a full supply of 200 Metal. Metal can be acquired through various means, including picking up ammo boxes, weapons, and pieces of destroyed buildings.
- Ammo boxes
All ammo crates have a 10 second respawn time.
- Small Ammo Pickup: 40 Metal
- Medium Ammo Pickup: 100 Metal
- Large Ammo Pickup: 200 Metal
- Broken Sapper parts: 3 Metal each, 3 parts per Sapper, only comes from Sappers removed from a Dispenser, total of 9 Metal.
- Broken Red-Tape Recorder parts: 3 Metal each, 4 parts per Red-Tape Recorder, only comes from Red-Tape Recorders removed from a Dispenser, total of 12 Metal.
- Broken Dispenser parts: 10 Metal each, 5 parts per Dispenser, total of 50 Metal.
- Broken Teleporter parts: 15 Metal each, 4 parts per Teleporter, total of 60 Metal.
- Broken Sentry Gun parts: 15 Metal each, 4 parts per Sentry Gun, total of 60 Metal.
- Broken Mini-Sentry Gun parts: 7 Metal each, 4 parts per Mini-Sentry, total of 28 Metal.
- Dropped items
- Fallen weapon from an Engineer (including toolbox): Amount equal to the Engineer's Metal at the time of death, with a minimum of 5 Metal.
- If the toolbox contained a building being hauled, always 200 Metal.
- Fallen weapons from other players: 100 Metal.
- Other sources
- Dispensers: can hold a maximum of 400 metal at once; generates Metal every 6 seconds and can dispense an equivalent amount every second
- Level 1 – produces 40 Metal at once
- Level 2 – produces 50 Metal at once
- Level 3 – produces 60 Metal at once
- Payload carts: produces 40 Metal at once; has an infinite supply
- Resupply lockers: Refills to maximum of 200 Metal
- Widowmaker: Metal gained equivalent to damage dealt
- Metal Regen upgrade: regenerates 5 * (upgrade level) Metal every 5 seconds
- Max Metal Capacity upgrade: increases maximum Metal capacity by 100 * (upgrade level), Metal gained from ammo pickups and dropped weapons increases proportionally
- Sentry Gun: 130 Metal to build
- Combat Mini-Sentry: 100 Metal to build
- Dispenser: 100 Metal to build
- Teleporter: 125 Metal to build (both entrance and exit)
- Building maintenance
- Repairs: 1 Metal for every 5 health points repaired, rounded up
- Reloading: 1 Metal for every bullet, 2 Metal for every rocket
- Upgrades: 200 per level, delivered in increments of 25
- Widowmaker: uses 30 Metal per shot
- Short Circuit: uses 5 Metal per shot, subtracts an additional 15 Metal per projectile destroyed
- Rescue Ranger: uses 130 Metal to haul buildings from a distance
Broken Level 1 Sentry Gun parts
Broken Dispenser parts
Broken Teleporter parts
Broken Sapper parts
Broken Red-Tape Recorder parts
RED Payload Cart