The Nanobalaclava is a promotional cosmetic item for the Spy. It is a black and grey futuristic helmet with team-colored elements, similar to those worn by the Sneaker NPC class in Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Sneakers have a cloaking ability quite similar to the Spy's.
- The Nanobalaclava was added to the game.
August 24, 2011 [Item schema update]
- The correct model for the Spy is now being used.
- Changed equip region from "whole head" to "hat" and "ears".
- The Nanobalaclava was made paintable.
- [Undocumented] Updated the
equip_regionfor the Nanobalaclava.
- There are separate model files for each class, implying this hat was originally intended to be wearable by all classes.
- The hat's LODs are out of order, making the hat have less detail at medium range than at long range.
- Team Fortress 2 Schema diff (commit
3c139554…) on OPTF2 Wiki Schema Tracker, 21:02:05 UTC, August 24, 2011. Accessed August 24, 2011.