The Nine-Pipe Problem is a community-created cosmetic item for the Medic. It is an old-fashioned smoking pipe, complete with a "Genteel Smoke" particle effect, and the first style has dark glasses that replace the Medic's usual clear pair. The pipe sways in motion.
The Nine-Pipe Problem has two different styles, "Afternoon" and "Evening." The second style, "Evening," maintains the Medic's usual glasses.
The Nine-Pipe Problem was contributed to the game via the Steam Workshop, under the name "The Baskerville Case."
|Eliminating The Impossible|
Reduces mystery solving time by up to 88%
- Note: The attributes are hidden until both items are equipped.
- This set does not affect gameplay, as its description is meant to be a joke.
- The Nine-Pipe Problem was added to the game.
March 26, 2012 [Item schema update]
- The Nine-Pipe Problem can now be found in random drops.
- [Undocumented] Lowered the price of the Nine-Pipe Problem in the Mann Co. Store.
- Loosened equip region restrictions for the Nine-Pipe Problem.
- The item is a reference to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's fictional detective Sherlock Holmes. Specifically, it alludes to the phrase "three pipe problem" introduced in the short story The Red-Headed League, and refers to the amount of tobacco needed to ponder over and deduce the solution to a particular puzzle.