From Team Fortress Wiki
| Basic Information
| Map Type: || Payload Race
| File name: || |
| Developer(s): || Valve
| Map Info
| No. of Stages: || 3
| Environment: || Industrial
| Setting: || Nighttime, clear
| Deep Water: || Yes
| Map Items
| Health Kits:
|| ×17 • ×8 • ×2
| Ammo Boxes:
|| ×2 • ×9 • ×17
America's pipelines are a stirring beacon of hope. Let no man befoul their majesty with calumny or bombs.
— Abraham Lincoln
Pipeline is a Payload Race map. It was included in the Sniper vs. Spy Update as the first official Payload Race map for Team Fortress 2. Your team must simultaneously push your cart through enemy territory, in order to reach the finishing point, while preventing the enemy team from doing the same. There is no time limit; the round only finishes when one team reaches the finish line first.
Stage A (Docking Bays)
Details of stage 1. (Large file)
Stage A is located at each teams docking bays, separated by a gate in the middle where the Payload tracks cross.
- Docking Bay: On both sides next to the spawn area and across from the capture point is a docking bay.
- Gate: In the center of the stage, where the tracks cross lies the gate which separates each team's sides.
- Central Flank: Next to the gate is an entrance which leads up flanks that cover both of the teams' areas near the gate.
- Side Flank/Staircase Area: From each team's side is a flank which connects to both teams' docking bays. On BLU's side, it is more notably the winding staircase.
Side flank and stairs (BLU side)
Stage B (Terminal)
Details of stage 2. (Large file)
Stage B is located at a train terminal which connects to both team's sides.
- Terminal: The train terminal situated in a tunnel which runs to both team's sides.
- Battlements: Each team's spawn areas are surrounded by battlements which contain many small houses and the flank entrances.
- Maintenance Room (Flank): Accessible from the battlements is maintenance room which serves as a major flank. It exits out above the capture points.
Stage C (Heart of the Factory)
Details of stage 3. (Large file)
Stage C appears to be located in the heart of the factories which surround the pipeline stages. The final stage which contains a set of ramps that each team must push their cart up. If a cart is left alone on one of the ramps, it will slide back down.
- Basin: The basin is the area below the ramps containing a stream and an entrance to a set of staircases that lead to the upper flank.
- Ramps/Tracks: The ramps are situated in the center of the stage parallel with each other.
- Battlements/Roofs: From each team's spawn areas are battlements which connect to the spawns and roofs.
- Stairs/Upper Flank: From the basin is a staircase which leads to the upper flank, or the half way point after the first ramp. The Upper Flank also has two exits from the spawn rooms.
Overview of the map. (Large file)
May 21, 2009 Patch
(Sniper vs. Spy Update
- Added Pipeline to the game.
August 13, 2009 Patch
- Increased the starting advantage in the third round if a team has won the first two rounds.
- Fixed carts not continuing to the second round if they're capped at the same time in the first round.
- Fixed being able to shoot pipebombs over the starting gates in the first round.
- Fixed being able to open the doors in the first round before the setup time was finished.
- Fixed players getting stuck in some doors.
- Fixed players being able to get onto rooftops and out of the map boundaries.
- Fixed other minor bugs and exploits.
May 20, 2010 Patch (Second Community Contribution Update)
- Added stairwell in Stage 1 and window access to both team's platforms by main choke point to help alleviate stalemates.
- Reverted the starting position for the cart in Stage 3 if a team had won the first 2 stages to where you no longer get a big cart-start-position advantage.
- Fixed rare cases where stage would break when cart had no nearby capper(s).
- Fixed carts not always moving to their starting locations correctly.
- Fixed respawn times in Stage 3 not being set to the proper values.
- Fixed the map not finishing correctly in Stage 3 if the two teams capture the final point at the same time.
- In stage A, stickies placed on the gated wall at the starting gate can harm or kill players standing close enough on the other side, if detonated.
- In stage A, the stairs leading up to the central flank position can be looked out of from behind.
- The Sniper sent a postcard to his mother detailing his experiences fighting at "Scenic Pipeline". A quote by Abraham Lincoln is also seen at the bottom right of the card.
- Pipeline was first seen in the background of the Bonk! Atomic Punch page for the Scout Update page. The image shows the third stage of the map, but with the traditional desert theme rather than the night time industrial style used at its release.
- Originally, the first two stages of Pipeline were one large stage, and capturing the control points would open gates leading to what is now the third stage.
- According to the "Map of Mann's Land", Pipeline (called the Badwater Basin Pipeline on the map) stretches out across the Badlands.
- ↑ http://steamcommunity.com/id/thenyproject/screenshot/650996245739209806
- ↑ http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/energydrink.htm